Oleg Stepo
My First Marathon Hello friends, I continue my story. You can read beginning in my previous post. I changed (my clothes), stuffed power gels into my pockets, left the dress room and asked how I can get to the start place. Two old-aged men, as I knew later experienced and honored runners, were just to lead latecomers there. I said, “Great! I am a latecomer. Lead me!” We got outside. There was a emergence vehicle close to the porch. “It’s too early”, I thought. That emergence crew turned out to be supposed to be in the start place and they were late too. One of my new acquaintances said that he knew how to get the start camp by emergence vehicle. We were suggested to lead them in the car. I didn’t like that idea at once but I had to get into the car. That moment I thought, “It’s better to get to the start by the emergence vehicle, than to return from the finish by it”. By the way, we picked up one more participant. I need to say that getting to the forest by car is rather complicated. All entrances-quits in the forest are blocked with buried pipes and other barriers. When the vehicle was climbing the mountain and passing concrete blocks of garages, I thought “It would be great to know a secret loophole”. Perhaps our conductor suspected something about my insidious intentions and he began a double game not to betray his sacral knowledge. to be continued …
1

My First Marathon

Hello friends, I continue my story. You can read beginning in my previous post.

I changed (my clothes), stuffed power gels into my pockets, left the dressing room and asked how I can get to the starting placeline {or "marshalling area"}. Two old-aged men who, as I knew found out later, were experienced and honored runners, were just there to lead latecomers there. I said, “Great! I am a latecomer. Lead me!” We got outside. There was an emergency vehicle close to the porch. “It’s too early”, I thought. That emergency crew turned out to be that they were supposed to be in at the starting place gate, and they were late too. One of my new acquaintances said that he knew how to get to the start camp marshalling area by emergency vehicle. We were They (the emergency crew) suggested to lead that we lead them in the car. I didn’t like that idea at once first, but I had to get into the car. That moment I thought, “It’s better to get to the start by {or via} the emergency vehicle, than to return from the finish line by {near?} it”. By the way, we picked up one more participant.

I need to say that getting to the forest by car is rather complicated. All entrances-quits and exits in the forest are blocked with buried pipes and other barriers. When the vehicle was climbing the mountain and passing concrete blocks of garages*, I thought “It would be great to know a secret loophole”. Perhaps our conductor suspected something about my insidious intentions and he began a double game so as not to betray his sacral sacred {or precious} knowledge.

to be continued …

*I'm not sure if "garages" is the correct word here, maybe storehouses or bunkers. Garages would just be for parking cars.

My First Marathon

I changed (my clothes), stuffed power gels into my pockets, left the dress room and asked how I can get to the start place. Two old-aged men, as I knew later experienced and honored runners, were just to lead latecomers there. I said, “Great! I am a latecomer. Lead me!” We got outside. There was a emergence vehicle close to the porch. “It’s too early”, I thought. That emergence crew turned out to be supposed to be in the start place and they were late too. One of my new acquaintances said that he knew how to get the start camp by emergence vehicle. We were suggested to lead them in the car. I didn’t like that idea at once but I had to get into the car. That moment I thought, “It’s better to get to the start by the emergence vehicle, than to return from the finish by it”. By the way, we picked up one more participant.
I need to say that getting to the forest by car is rather complicated. All entrances-quits in the forest are blocked with buried pipes and other barriers. When the vehicle was climbing the mountain and passing concrete blocks of garages, I thought “It would be great to know a secret loophole”. Perhaps our conductor suspected something about my insidious intentions and he began a double game not to betray his sacral knowledge.

to be continued …