Joraya
Chinese Mandarin-Week 3: Teacher Elena Lesson 1 of 3 As my Chinese progresses I want to keep a journal showing my current level. So don't expect any SCINTILLATING notes for some time. (To keep things interesting I will write in capital letters some English words I adore for those of you who are learning English) 早上 你们吗? I learned my numbers today and the characters. Interestingly 1-10 are written the same in Japanese, completely different word though. 一 二 三 四 五 六 七  八 九  十 Yi1, er4, san1, si4, wu3, liu4, qi1, ba1, jui3, shi2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 And to say 11-19 I learned you simply say 10 + Number. For example number 12 is 十二 (shi2 er4) I can also show show I care about your family too! Well at least your Mom (你 de 妈妈) your Dad (你 de 爸爸) and your brother ( 你 de ge1ge). Everyone else I just hope is well until I can ask you. :) My happiest moment last week was being able to pronounce every ending pinyin sound correct on Sunday during my session with Teacher Ring (also an amazing instructor). ALAS, upon the second utterance it was nothing like the first but if I said them all right once I can again! Zai4 Jian4 再见! (Thanks to Nancy Wang for supplying the characters)
1

Chinese Mandarin-Week 3: Teacher Elena Lesson 1 of 3

As my Chinese progresses I want to keep a journal showing my current level. So don't expect any SCINTILLATING notes for some time. (To keep things interesting I will write in capital letters some English words I adore for those of you who are learning English)

早上
你们吗?

I learned my numbers today and the characters. Interestingly 1-10 are written the same in Japanese, completely different word though.

一 二 三 四 五 六 七  八 九  十
Yi1, er4, san1, si4, wu3, liu4, qi1, ba1, jiu3, shi2
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

And to say 11-19 I learned you simply say 10 + Number. For example number 12 is 十二 (shi2 er4)

一百 yi1 bai3=one hundred!

I can also show show I care about your family too! Well at least your Mom (你 de 妈妈 你的妈妈) your Dad (你 de 爸爸 你的爸爸) and your brother ( 你 de ge1ge 你的哥哥). Everyone else I just hope is well until I can ask you. :) 姐姐 jie3 jie=older sister; 妹妹 mei4 mei=younger sister; 弟弟 di4 di=younger brother

My happiest moment last week was being able to pronounce every ending pinyin sound correct on Sunday during my session with Teacher Ring (also an amazing instructor). ALAS, upon the second utterance it was nothing like the first but if I said them all right once I can again!

Zai4 Jian4 再见! (Thanks to Nancy Wang for supplying the characters)

不客气 bu2 ke4 qi! It's fun to see your progress.

1

早上      = In the morning
你们吗?  = and you all?

If you are trying to say, "Good morning, how about you all?" the translation would be  /早[辰/安]/ 你们呢?  However, this is not the customary way or how to greet one and another culturally.  You would simply just say, 早 and the reply would be the same.

I learned my numbers today and the characters. Interestingly 1-10 are written the same in Japanese, completely different word pronunciation though.

一 二 三 四 五 六 七  八 九  十
Yi1, er4, san1, si4, wu3, liu4, qi1, ba1, jui3, shi2
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

I can also show show I care about your family too! Well at least your Mom (你 de 妈妈) your Dad (你 de 爸爸) and your brother ( 你 de ge1ge哥哥 (older brother, younger brother, di1di1, 弟弟, Chinese have precise familial relationships terms unlike English). Everyone else I just hope is well until I can ask you. :)

早上
你们吗? 你们呢?(And you?)

一 二 三 四 五 六 七  八 九  十
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

I can also show show I care about your family too! Well at least your Mom (你 de 妈妈) your Dad (你 de 爸爸) and your brother ( 你 de ge1ge). Everyone else I just hope is well until I can ask you. :)

早上
你们吗?

一 二 三 四 五 六 七  八 九  十
Yi1, er4, san1, si4, wu3, liu4, qi1, ba1, jui3   jiu, shi2
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

I can also show show I care about your family too! Well at least your Mom (你 de 妈妈) your Dad (你 de 爸爸) and your brother ( 你 de ge1ge哥哥). Everyone else I just hope is well until I can ask you. :)