Yuu
Graduate interest Dr. X: I found your information on the website of the X program, and I am writing this letter in the hope of obtaining more information on the program and exploring the possibilities of being accepted as a postgraduate student for Summer Semester 2015. My name is X. I have a bachelor’s degree in X University from X, majored in X. I have some working experience. Also I have voluntary experience in an X institution. I am very interested in the program but am not sure about the following questions: a) According to the website, minimal prerequisite is at least a seven-semester Bachelor’s degree with 210 cps. But universities in China adopt totally different credit systems from ECTS. It is generally accepted that Chinese credits should be multiplied by 1.5 in order to be convert into ECTS. Would that indicate that my credits could be converted into 220.5 cps (147*1.5=220.5) in accordance with regulations of the University of X, if I have completed 8 semesters and earned enough credits for graduation with a total of 147 cps? b) Prospect students should come from related fields, and I was wondering if my situation fits into the description of that. My required/elective courses related include but not limited to general linguistics(2 SWS in two Semesters), Applied phonetics(2 SWS in one Semester), etc. c) APS-Certificate is a procedure to check the qualifications of Chinese applicants for admission into higher education. But candidates usually have to wait at least 3 months, or in some cases, 6 months or more to get their certifications checked. Since APS has not been listed on the website as a required document, I was wondering if it could be waivered as long as I send bachelor’s certificate and detailed academic transcripts signed and sealed by the dean's or registrar's office of my university as the website required, or is there any possibility that APS could be taken after the deadline, which is on 1 Jan, 2015? Thank you so much for your time. Looking forward to your reply.

X Program Inquiry

Dr. X:

I found your information on the website of the X program, and I am writing this letter in the hope of obtaining more information on the program and exploring the possibilities of being accepted as a postgraduate student for Summer semester of 2015.

My name is X. I have a bachelor’s degree from X University in X, majored in X. I have X working  experience in X. Also I have some voluntary experience in an X institution. I am very interested in the program but am not sure about questions as follows:

a) According to your website, minimal prerequisite is at least a seven-semester Bachelor’s degree with 210 cps. But universities in China adopt totally different credit systems from ECTS. It is a standard practice that Chinese credits could be multiplied by 1.5 in order to be convert into ECTS. I have completed 8 semesters and earned enough credits for graduation with a total of 147 cps, in that case, my credits could be converted into 220.5 cps (147*1.5=220.5). I am not sure if this could be accepted in accordance with regulations of the University of X. 
b) Prospect students should come from related fields. And I was wondering if my situation fits into the description of that. My required/elective courses related include but not limited to general linguistics(2 SWS in two Semesters), Applied phonetics(2 SWS in one Semester), etc.
c) APS-Certificate is a procedure to check the qualifications of Chinese applicants for admission into higher education. But candidates usually have to wait at least 3 months, or in some cases, 6 months or even more to have their certifications checked. Since APS-Certificate has not been listed on the website as a required document, I was wondering if it could be waivered as long as I sent my bachelor’s certificate and detailed academic transcripts which had been signed and sealed by the registrar's office of university as the website required, or if it was possible that APS could be taken after the deadline, which is on 1 Jan, 2015.

Thank you so much for your time. Looking forward to your reply.