Liyun
Watching China from inside: Team player (2) I admit that I had been behaving and thinking the same way. It never occurred to me as an issue until lately, I watched an American TV show called the Newsroom. There is one scene where the acting senior producer Jerry pitches a huge story to the EP, so huge that would guarantee him a Peabody once it's proven. When another AP comes into the room to fetch the EP, the EP asks:' what was the story again?' Jerry hesitates. The EP says: 'you can say whatever you want to say in front of anyone who works here, that's why they work here.' This sentence shows trust and leadership which I believe only very few Chinese companies have, HR in Chinese Companies also seemed never really fulfilled their duties either. Chinese are insecure in general. Constant worry about losing and competing helped to build up an 'everyone for himself' social value, the result? Chasing short-term profits, changing jobs all the time, lacking trust and ethics. Chinese companies can achieve so much more if they trust and care about their employees and that trust be handled by right hands. Therefore the employees will trust them back and start to realize how important to work as a team and how that benefits everyone. It's supposed to be this simple.

Watching China from inside: Team player (2)

I admit that I had been behaving and thinking the same way. It never occurred to me as an issue until lately, I watched an American TV show called the Newsroom. There is one scene where the acting senior producer Jerry pitches a huge story to the EP, so huge that it would guarantee him a Peabody once it's proven. When another AP comes into the room to fetch the EP, the EP asks:' what was the story again?' Jerry hesitates. The EP says: 'you can say whatever you want to say in front of anyone who works here, that's why they work here.' This sentence shows the trust and leadership which I believe only very few Chinese companies have, HR in Chinese Companies also seemed never really fulfilled their duties either.

Chinese are insecure in general. Constant worry about losing and competing helped to build up an 'everyone for himself1*' social value, the result? Chasing short-term profits, changing jobs all the time, lacking trust and ethics. Chinese companies can achieve so much more if they trust and care about their employees and that trust be2* handled by right hands. Therefore the employees will trust them back and start to realize how important it is to work as a team and how that benefits everyone.
It's supposed to be this simple.

1* - the usual expression is 'every man for himself'. In modern language it is maybe better to not just use the masculine, but then it would be 'everyone for themselves'.

2* not sure of your meaning:

Chinese companies can achieve so much more if they trust and care about their employees and that they can trust they are being handled by right hands.

- the employees trust they are being handled by the right hands.

or

Chinese companies can achieve so much more if they trust and care about their employees and that trust is being handled by right hands.

- the companies care that trust is being handled by the right hands.

I have to say I don't really understand all the details as I don't know much about media and I don't know what an EP, AP or peabody are.

Really nice. Good suggestions. :)