Bruno
Teach english with my favorite films Hi everybody, this is my first note and i want to share my passion for cinema with you. To practice my english, i decided to watch my favorite films en english but actually i put the subtitles because my hear is not already trained to understand what i heard. Since saturday, i watched the Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy (i'm a fan of Batman) and Back to the future trilogy. This experience makes me discover a lot of strange differences between french and english version. A funny example en Back to the Future trilogy: the bad guy Biff Tannen often use the word "Butthead" in english (could you explain me the real translation because in french i understand "tronche de cul") to talk to Marty or George Mc Fly. In french, this word was translated in "Banane" (you devine banana in english). I think it's strange because "Banan"e is softer than Butthead. My theory is the transators chose Banane because it begins by a "B" like Butthead for not shocking with the movement of the lips. And you, have you already do this? (compare versions). Have you got any stories about film translation? I did my best in this note to write instinctly (not looking for my word in a dictionary). See you soon.

Teaching English with My Favorite Films [1]

Hi everybody, this is my first note and I [2] want to share my passion for cinema with you. To practice my English, I decided to watch my favorite films in English but actually I put turned on the subtitles because my hear ears are is not already trained to understand what I hear. Since Saturday, I watched the Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy (I'm a fan of Batman) and Back to the Future trilogy. This experience makes made me discover a lot of strange differences between French and English version. A funny example in Back to the Future trilogy: the bad guy Biff Tannen often uses the word "Butthead" in English (could you explain me the real translation because in French I understand "tronche de cul" {kind of, but "con" is more the intent}) to talk to Marty or George Mc Fly. In French, this word was translated in as "Banane" (you divine banana in English). I think it's strange because "Banane" is softer than Butthead. My theory is that the transators chose Banane because it begins by with a "B" like Butthead for so as not to shocking with the movement of the lips [3]. And you, have you already done this? (compare versions). Have you got any stories [4] about film translation? I did my best in this note to write instinctly (not looking for my words in a dictionary). See you soon.

[1]  I think you mean "Learning English with My Favorite Films" or "Teaching Myself English with My Favority Films"

[2] The first person pronoun 'I' (je) is always capitalized in English. Also capitalized are languages and nationalities (English, French, etc.) and days of the week and months.

[3] Another way to phrase this: "...so as not to drastically change the movement of the lips".

[4] In American English, we don't tend to use the phrase "have got" like the British. So in the US, we would say "Do you have any stories about film translation?"

I only correct my own touch mistakes!

Teach english with my favorite films

Hi everybody, this is my first note and i want to share my passion for cinema with you. To practice my english, i decided to watch my favorite films en english but actually i put the subtitles because my hear is not already trained to understand what i hear. Since saturday, i watched the Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy (i'm a fan of Batman) and Back to the future trilogy. This experience makes me discover a lot of strange differences between french and english version. A funny example en Back to the Future trilogy: the bad guy Biff Tannen often use the word "Butthead" in english (could you explain me the real translation because in french i understand "tronche de cul") to talk to Marty or George Mc Fly. In french, this word was translated in "Banane" (you devine banana in english). I think it's strange because "Banane" is softer than Butthead. My theory is the transators chose Banane because it begins by a "B" like Butthead for not shocking with the movement of the lips. And you, have you already do this? (compare versions). Have you got any stories about film translation? I did my best in this note to write instinctly (not looking for my word in a dictionary). See you soon.