Carmen
Professional Teacher
Roof tiles Living at the highest floor of a building has some drawbacks, especially if it’s August, a paipai is all your cooler system, and half of the day southern sunbeams are painting in yellow the rooftop... Do you want to continue reading this article? Click right button here: http://carmencorrea.hatenablog.com/entry/2014/08/20/225321 Hi! I'm posting my daily writing exercises on this blog, come in to read the full text, and if you find some mistakes or you feel like giving me some feedback, feel free to write below! :)
2

Living on the highest floor of a building has some drawbacks, especially if it’s August, a hand fan is the only way you have to cool down, and half the day southern sunbeams paint the rooftop yellow. You may sometimes find the lift busy with some neighbors moving out or moving in neighbors, or perhaps an out of order note hanging on, mostly usually ("mostly" isn't wrong; it's a subtle distinction but I think "usually" works better here) when your bag is full of hardcover books, wires and its power adapters, juicy oranges, and hard disks. But, despite that, everyone knows the best views of the city have always roof tiles around always include tiled roofs (roof tiles = the individual pieces used to cover the roof, tiled roof = a complete roof covered in tiles).

Some evenings I pull out my turquoise marker and retouch the horizon, push the clouds with my breath and set the skyline for a sunset to my liking. (No corrections, just think this is a great sentence. Very ethereal vibe to it!) Those are the advantages of living closer to the sky, the kites are at the reach of my fingers my fingertips and my wishing waves take less to be received.

A few days back I was stirring my coffee when a strange tune slipped through the kitchen Wwindows. It was a bird, but not a native one. Its shinny feathers were tousled and its piercing eyes were gingerly raising rising (use raise if you are lifiting something up, use rise when there is no object being lifted. You raise your hand but your eyes rise to the stars) up, maybe lost, maybe trying to guess the right direction of flight. I knew it had escaped from a cage when it looked at me as if looking in a mirror. After four long seconds it stopped the singing and took off.

If you love something, set it free… Everyone knows that line. It was posted somewhere in this flat by my eldest sister, when she was a collaege student and young people still wrote things on real walls. That bird has gained its freedom since the day it first raised (correct use of "raise" here) its eyes. God loved it to beging with, right? Maybe the cage was accidentally opened by some random hand, or it could have been unlocked by some an (not wrong, but "an" sounds more fluid) innocent one. Perhaps that bird felt in love, unlikely but approved miracle (you've lost me here, not sure what you want to say), with something that loved it back.

Hope this helps!

1

Roof tiles

Living on the highest floor of a building has some drawbacks, especially if it’s August, a paipai is all your cooler system, and half of the day southern sunbeams paint in yellow the rooftop... Do you want to continue reading this article? Click right button here:

http://carmencorrea.hatenablog.com/entry/2014/08/20/225321

Hi! I'm posting my daily writing exercises on this blog, come in to read the full text, and if you find some mistakes or you feel like giving me some feedback, feel free to write below! :)

<em>Hi Carmen, I don't understand this part of what you wrote:</em>

<em>a paipai is all your cooler system, and half of the day southern sunbeams paint in yellow the rooftop</em>

<em>If you like you can write in Spanish, or try writing it in another way, and I check it for you.</em>