Miguel Angel
WHAT SOCIAL CHANGES HAVE RESULTED FROM THE INCREASED MOBILITY OF PEOPLE? High development of modern means of transport, especially the plane, as well as the generalized reduction of prices in tickets, the so-called “low cost” phenomena has led to an increasing mobility of people all around the world. This essay will be aimed to describe some of the positive and negative changes this fact has brought about. As far as the positive changes are concerned, we might list a set of them: • It has always been said that travelling and living abroad broadens your mind • Meeting new people, their costumes and languages can be an enriching experience that may develop either in you and the other people in the venue countries, great feelings of tolerance, solidarity, empathy and respect toward the others. Without any doubt, it may contribute to create multicultural societies. • Living abroad can be considered a great opportunity to improve better life and working conditions than the ones that you had in your origin country. Although the mobility of people entails positive aspects it also involves as well a set of negative ones: • For some people who move to another country in order to do for a living, migrating to another country may turn into a nightmare since they may see how his labour conditions may get worse, even to conditions of modern slavery. • To illustrate this we can observe the experience of some Spanish young people who have travelled to other European countries like Germany with the promise and hope of looking for a job according to their academic training but only underpaid mini-jobs is what they have found. • Another dramatic experience can lately be seen on the news programs. Sadly hundreds of South African immigrants daily die or become injured trying to cross European borderlines running away from poverty, hunger and sickness in their origin countries. • For other people, social and working integration of immigrant people may become a serious problem and as a consequence it may give rise to the creation of ghettos and slums as well as the appearance of xenophobia and racist attitudes among people in venue countries towards immigrants. As you can see, the increased mobility of people has generated a set of both positive and negative changes in modern societies. From my personal point of view I think that States and Governments of every country in the world should provide their citizens with full opportunities of well-paid jobs and decent life conditions.

WHAT SOCIAL CHANGES HAVE RESULTED FROM THE INCREASED MOBILITY OF PEOPLE?

The development of modern transport, especially the aeroplane, as well as the reduction of ticket prices, in the so-called “low cost” phenomena, has led to an increase of social mobility from all around the world. This essay will aim to show some of the positive and negative changes that this phenomena has brought.

As far as the positive changes are concerned, we might list a set of them:
• It has always been said that travelling and living abroad broadens your mind.
• Meeting new people, learning about their customs and languages can be an enriching experience that may develop you and other people from the host countries.
• Living abroad can be a good opportunity to improve your life and working conditions to a level that's much better greater than that of your country of origin. Feelings of tolerance, solidarity, empathy and respect towards others may be found, too. Without any doubt, social mobility contributes to the creation of multicultural societies.

Although there are positive arguments for social mobility, there are also negative ones, too:
Migrating to another country may turn into a nightmare since they may find that their working conditions worsen, even to the point of modern day slavery.
• To illustrate this we can observe the experience of some young Spanish people who have travelled to other European countries like Germany with the promise of better employment but only to find that the jobs they were promised were not what they received in reality.
• Another dramatic consequence can be seen in the news. Sadly hundreds of African immigrants die or are injured daily trying to cross into Europe to escape poverty, hunger and sickness in their home countries.
• For other people, social and working integration of immigrant people may become a serious problem and as a consequence it may give rise to the creation of ghettos and slums as well as the appearance of xenophobia and racist attitudes towards immigrants among people from the host countries.

As you can see, the increased mobility of people has generated both positive and negative changes in modern societies. From my personal point of view, I think that governments from every country in the world should provide their citizens with greater opportunities for well-paid employment and decent living conditions.

GOOD WORK, I TOTALLY AGREE !!

Wide adaptation of modern means of transportation,, especially the plane, as well as the generalized reduction of prices in tickets, the so-called “low cost” phenomena has led to an increasing mobility of people all around the world. This essay will be aimed to describe some of the positive and negative changes this fact has brought about.

• It has always been said that travelling and living abroad broadens your mind
• Meeting new people and learning about their costumes and languages can be an enriching experience that may develop either in you and the other people in the venue countries, great feelings of tolerance, solidarity, empathy and respect toward the others. Without any doubt, it may contribute to create multicultural societies.
• Living abroad can be considered a great opportunity to improve one's life and working conditions over the ones that you had in your origin country of origin.

Although the mobility of people entails positive aspects it also involves as well a set of negative ones:
• For some people who move to another country in order to make  a living, migrating to another country may turn into a nightmare since they may see how  labour conditions may get worse, even to conditions of modern slavery.
• To illustrate this we can observe the experience of some Spanish young people who have travelled to other European countries like Germany with the promise and hope of looking for a job according to their academic training but only underpaid mini-jobs are what they have found.
• Another dramatic experience can lately be seen on the news programs. Sadly hundreds of South African immigrants daily die or become injured trying to cross European borders running away from poverty, hunger and sickness in their home countries.
• For other people, social and working integration of immigrant people may become a serious problem and as a consequence it may give rise to the creation of ghettos and slums as well as the appearance of xenophobia and racist attitudes among people in venue countries towards immigrants.

As you can see, the increased mobility of people has generated a set of both positive and negative changes in modern societies. From my personal point of view I think that States and Governments of every country in the world should provide their citizens with full opportunities of well-paid jobs and decent life conditions.