Paulo Ribeiro
Professional Teacher
Teaching English to a baby. Is it a good idea? My results. My baby girl is 1 and a half years old. After trying to speak in English with her. Singing nursery songs. The first things she asks in the morning is for her “shoes” in English. She also started to say “bus” as I bought a bus toy and sing “The wheels of the bus go round and round for her…”. I suppose that not real English that she learned as she only substitutes the word in Portuguese for the word “shoes”. But it is fun anyway. I am doing all I am doing without any idea of what I am doing. I need help to build some strategies to improve my approach to teaching.
1

Teaching English to a baby: Is it a good idea?

My results. (Perhaps better: My outcome/My experience)
My baby girl is 1 and a half years old. After trying to speaking to her in English and singing her nursery songs, the first things she asks for in the morning is for her “shoes” in English. She has also started saying “bus” when I bought bring the toy bus to her and sing “The wheels of the bus go round and round". I suppose (that) this isn't "real" English that she has learned as she is only substituting a couple word in Portuguese words for the word “shoes”. English words, but it is fun anyway (or: its still fun). I am doing all I am doing of this without any idea of what I am doing how it should be done. I need help to build finding better teaching strategies.

I will be very happy to see you to correct my sentences.thanks again.
I think it is no need to teach a baby English,like me ,I have lived in a chinese laguage environment, I would learn it all by myself someday if I want to use it for getting something. So you needn't to worry her. And my English is so bad ,thank you for reading it.