Isabel
A contribution to a tourist guide. Practice for the CAE exam :) The Undiscovered Spanish Countryside It is known that Spain has a marvellous range of historical cities, with breath-taking monuments and art pieces that are appreciated around the planet. The problem is that these places are normally overcrowded, which has provoked tourists to look for a different place to spend their holidays in this country. One of the most interesting possibilities could be the visit and exploration of the Spanish countryside, which has to offer incredible things that may be unknown for the majority of the population. What could be done on a countryside holiday? Countryside in Spain offers a wide range of enjoyment. Visiting the different highlands and mountains available throughout the country, with its wild life and its marvellous nature, should be one of the obligatory stops in any tourist program. Also, tourists should walk through the lovely spanish forests to breath the fresh air and to feel that they are more than alive. Places where you could sleep within the countryside Although the accommodation found in the countryside it is not going to be as if you were sleeping in a five stars hotel, tourists that have had the chance of sleeping in campsites or even in the open air, have found the peacefulness of nature as one of the most beautiful things ever lived About the weather The weather conditions that can be found within the countryside could vary due to the time of the year. What is advisable is to go in summer in order to enjoy nature thanks to the good temperatures, the sun and the lack of rain that it normally happens during this period. You will enjoy it as an unbelievable experience, either going there alone or being part of a group. Isabel.
1

A contribution to a tourist guide. Practice for the CAE exam :)

The Undiscovered Spanish Countryside

It is known that Spain has a marvellous range of historical cities, with breath-taking monuments and art pieces that are appreciated around the planet. The problem is that these places are normally overcrowded, which has provoked tourists to look for a different place to spend their holidays in this country. One of the most interesting possibilities could be the visit and exploration of the Spanish countryside, which has to offer incredible things that may be unknown for the majority of the population.

What could be done on a countryside holiday?

The countryside in Spain offers a wide range of enjoyment. Visiting the different highlands and mountains available throughout the country, with its wildlife (wild life is like ""crazy life", animals and birds etc is just one word, wildlife) and its marvellous nature, should be one of the obligatory stops in any tourist program. Also, tourists should walk through the lovely spanish forests to breath the fresh air and to feel that they are more than alive.

Places where you could sleep within the countryside

Although the accommodation found in the countryside it is not going to be as if you were sleeping in a five stars hotel, tourists that have had the chance of sleeping in campsites or even in the open air, have found the peacefulness of nature as one of the most beautiful things ever lived.

About the weather

The weather conditions that can be found within the countryside could vary due to the time of the year. What is advisable is to go in summer in order to enjoy nature thanks to the good temperatures, the sun and the lack of rain that it normally happens during this period. You will enjoy it as an unbelievable experience, either going there alone or being part of a group.

Isabel.

Thanks Masoud! Your tips are really useful to me. I hope to use them in order to improve my next texts :)
Hi Isabel, I had some ideas: ** You shouldn't use 'the' before plural and uncountable nouns when talking about things in general: Visiting (*) the (*) different highlands and mountains available throughout the country... **An apostrophe should serve well in 'any tourist's program' **You may have forgotten something here: Although the accommodation (can be/ is*) found in the countryside. **You should not use 'that' after 'tourists' as in 'tourists that (who*) have had...' **It's recommended to drop 'the' before a phrase like 'the good weather' and 'the good temperatures'. The same is true about 'the lack of rain' because the idea is general. **There is one instance of 'spanish' without the capital S. *In written English, avoid starting a sentence with also (use something like 'what's more', 'furthermore', 'moreover', 'besides', ...) **I think that using 'thoroughly recommend' is better than 'obligatory' ///¡Buena suerte!