Liyun
A CONVERSATION Mike: Hey Sophie, happy birthday! Sophie: Thanks Mike, I’m glad you still remembered. Mike: What’s wrong, you don’t look well. Sophie: I just saw a baby with four eyes. Mike: No wonder. My mum’s dog has six legs, every time he lies on the floor, he always looks confounded. Sophie: Why he’s confounded? Mike: Cause he’s never found a good position to place the two extra legs, so they always shake. Sophie: Poor one. He needs another two to balance his body. Mike: My mum thinks so too. But he keeps trying. Sophie: Hey, I meant to ask you about the island trip, I so want to go before my hair grew too long. Mike: Pimyla? . Sophie: Yeah. That sounds fun, tell me about it. Mike: Not so much. You fly from a small airport south Beijing to Katuriru. It’s a tiny country with the population of 9, 4 work in the airport, another 5 in the train station. You buy everything with glasses, train tickets too. Sophie: Are the tickets made of glasses too? Mike: Frog skin. They are purple. Sophie: Cool. Mike: Yeah, but you have to return it before getting off. It takes three days to get to Pimyla. They have food on board but you can bring some snacks. Katuririans are afraid of monster waves which happen all the time, so they keep the rail under the sea. For the big curve and climbing part they summon the blue whales to help. Sophie: They are my favorite animals. Mike: I know. And that’s pretty much it. You should be fine after arriving at Pimyla. Although I didn’t get the chance to see the camera trees, you should go check them out. Sophie: Ok I will. Would you put me in touch with the Katuririan Airline? Mike: Of course, I do have one 6T card left, that’s the only way to contact them. Also I made some notes about Pimyla, they might be helpful. I will bring them to you when we go to the movie. Sophie: Thanks so much Mike. Mike: Consider them as birthday presents. Sophie: I do. …Hey! There is the four-eye-baby! Mike: Where? Sophie: There in the pram wrapped in blue. Mike: He has only three eyes Sophie, look. Sophie: Oh…you are right, sorry I thought… Mike: Maybe your eyes were tired. I remember you told me your eyesight was dropping. What happened? Sophie: I spent too much time on italki.