Oleg Stepo
My First Marathon. Part 4 I turned on the Strava.com app and push a heart rate monitor button. I ran. It was started 25 runners, I began in the middle of the group. Due to my late arriving the start camp, I was able neither to worry nor to take a look at other participants. At first, my plan was to find out who was going to run 5:30-5:40 min per km. That pace gave me a possibility to finish in 4 hours. So I would follow that runner.
2

My First Marathon. Part 4

I turned on the Strava.com app and pushed a the heart rate monitor button. I ran. It was started with 25 runners, I began in the middle of the group* {=pack}. Due to my late arriving arrival at the starting camp gate, I was able neither able to worry nor to take a look at** other participants. At first, my plan was to find out who was going to run the 5:30-5:40 min per km. That pace gave me a possibility to finish in 4 four*** hours. So I would follow that runner.

*For running, we tend to call the waves of groups "packs" (at least in the US).

**In this context, you could also say: "...to size up the other participants", because you're trying to determine who you could run with and keep pace.

***Numbers less than ten are spelled out in English.

Ah, okay. I strap my iphone on my arm, but I have to keep adjusting it, and that gets annoying quickly. For long runs, I use a water waist pack, but it only has a very small pouch (like for ID) so it's not very useful for phone storage.
I like it. To tell the truth I had to run with my pretty large Android smartphone. So I bought a slim belt on the waist.
How is Strava? I was using Nike + for a while, but having to integrate the sensor into a pouch into the lacing on my shoes got annoying after a while.