Alp
I wish my native language was English! It's been three and a half years since I signed up on italki. I can see the improvement in my English skills but I'm not satisfied by my current level. Nowadays, I'm using the language as much as possible, I'm watching an American series ''Person of Interest'', reading a novel ''50 Shades of Grey'' and watching videos in English on YouTube. I realize that I'm able to understand main parts of a speech/paragraph/conversation but I really need to expand my vocabulary knowledge because I'm tired of looking up to dictionary for a few words every paragraph. I wish my native language was English because it's the most important language today and you can find anything on the internet if you speak English, thus I am fascinated by American and British cultures. After my graduation from university, I want to immigrate to the United States to practice medicine. UK would be fine too, but salaries are higher in the US and since Turkish people aren't wanted in Europe by a lot of people, I don't know if I'd be welcomed in the UK. I'll appreciate any corrections, if you have any advice for memorizing words easily and quickly please let me know!
1

I wish my native language was English!

It's been three and a half years since I signed up on italki. I can see the improvement in my English skills but I'm not satisfied by my current level. Nowadays, I'm using the language as much as possible, I'm watching an American series ''Person of Interest'', reading a novel ''50 Shades of Grey'' and watching videos in English on YouTube. I realize that I'm able to understand main parts of a speech/paragraph/conversation but I really need to expand my vocabulary knowledge because I'm tired of looking up to in the dictionary for a few words every paragraph.

I wish my native language was English because it's the most important language today and you can find anything on the Internet if you speak English, thus I am also fascinated by American and British cultures. After my graduation from university, I want to immigrate to the United States to practice medicine. UK would be fine too, but salaries are higher in the US and since Turkish people aren't wanted in Europe by a lot of people, I don't know if I'd be welcomed in the UK.

I'll appreciate any corrections, if you have any advice for memorizing words easily and quickly please let me know!

A stunning piece of work! ( I do not give praise easily).

I understand what you mean! It makes me angry when I can't explain what I exactly mean in English. I've been about three years in Italki for learning English and Turkish and I'm not satisfied too. But I like my native language. By the way your writing skill seems really good!
@Annicka italki is a useful website, I'm sure you'll improve your Tagalog with native speakers. @Felipe So do I! Native English speakers are really lucky. @Nicolaus I agree that every language is beautiful but some are a lot more useful than the others. I really like Turkish but it is not a very useful language. I'd rather be a multilingual native English speaker.
Don't you think like that! Every language is beautiful~~ YOu think they can speak English well, but they can't speak mandarin as well as I do, and they can't speak Turkish as well as you do, either. Sometimes being bilingual/multilingual is not a bad thing~
I feel ya, dog. I envy native english speakers and want really bad to get close to their fluency.