Jorge
Why teachers are so tripped by people? I am a tecaher. I teach children from six years of age to 12 in state schools in Spain. That is my sin as I can tell from the look of some people when I tell them how I do my living. When It comes to teaching or teachers I can see people throw up their hands and shape a oodd look in their faces like if they were saying "Another one" or somenthing on that matter. I do love my job. My job runs in my veins. My job is part of me because, as I see it, being a teacher is a state not a job to me. I always talk to my collegues about the way people see us and we really cannot grasp where the problem is. Are people mad at us because we have two months off? Are people fed up of us because we have an underpaid job? Or are people againts us because we make their children think? When some teachers get together they start to talk shop inmmediately, we cannot help it. We really are cornerd about students. We ask for some pieces of advice to try to do our best in class what it means to do the best for our children. In my contry, to become a teacher, you have to study a lot. Nowadays we have to study a four year degree (and meanwhile we can enroll in some other subjects and get an specialitation). We are obligided to konow how to speak, write and read in English (B2 level or more). Then, when we finish, some of us study a master ( in order to have more obtions finding a job). But, here´s the thing, in order to teach in a state school we have to study a "oposicion" somenthing like a state exam. After all of that (time, money and illusion) people still see us like trash or somenthing even worst... So, my question is WHY?
1

Why teachers are so tripped by people? [Not sure exactly what you mean by this - maybe "Why are teachers viewed so negatively by people?]

I am a teacher. I teach children from six years of age to 12 in state schools in Spain. That is my sin as I can tell from the look of some people when I tell them how what I do for my living.
When it comes to teaching or teachers I can see people throw up their hands and shape make an oodd look in their faces like if they were are saying "Another one" or somenthing on like that matter.

I do love my job. My job runs in my veins. My job is part of me because, as I see it, being a teacher is a state of being, not a job, to me. I always talk to my collegues about the way people see us and we really cannot grasp where the problem is.

Are people mad at us because we have two months off?
Are people fed up of us because we have an underpaid job?
Or are people against us because we make their children think?

When some teachers get together they start to talk shop inmmediately; we cannot help it. We really are cornerd concerned about students. We ask for some pieces of advice to try to do our best in class, what it means to do the best for our children.

In my country, to become a teacher, you have to study a lot. Nowadays we have to study a four year degree (and meanwhile we can enroll in some other subjects and get an specialisation).
We are obligated to konow how to speak, write and read in English (B2 level or more).
Then, when we finish, some of us study a master's (in order to have more options in finding a job).

But, here´s the thing: in order to teach in a state school we have to study a "oposicion" [don't know what that is] somenthing like a state exam.

After all of that (time, money and illusion) people still see us like trash or somenthing even worst...

So, my question is WHY?

[I don't know why. People just like to hate?]

I didn't realize that leaving a comment removes the formatting! That's a giant wall of text, sorry!
Great job Jorge! While I agree with Dorothy to some extent, I've definitely seen hostility/jealous/resentment directed towards teachers here in the U.S. Here's some of my thoughts... 1) I think a lot of people are frustrated with the way we educate our children, and teachers are an easy target for that frustration. Everyone has an idea of what's wrong with education. "I know that you're doing your job wrong, but don't ask me to make it right! That's your job." If you were to ask why education was failing, a less thoughtful response might be "because kids are the way they are". Education serves a scapegoat. 2) In the U.S., school children have a lot of holidays throughout the year and then an extended vacation during the summer. The U.S. workforce, on the other hand, doesn't do a very good job in giving people much vacation. If you have a good job in the U.S., typically you can flex hours for the season or you accrue vacation time, but many jobs in the U.S. come with no vacation time (other than weekends). So when parents have to go to work, but their children stay home from school, there is jealousy on the part of the parent toward the teacher. (Zig Ziglar would probably correct me and say the parents "get" to go work. This mindset of entitlement pervades thinking here in America.) 3) Everyone that graduated high school thinks they have experienced the life of a teacher, and because they remember school as a life without responsibility, they probably extend that towards the life of a teacher. What's the job of a teacher? Well, it's to teach students, of course! How much? Well, enough to graduate high school. I've heard people say (and I've had the thought myself) that "since I graduated high school, I have the knowledge to teach high school". I haven't heard this said of an emergency room doctor, even though many people have been to the emergency room.