Shaira Cruz
Every Girl's fantasy... Debut. Before, I like seeing Grand party for girls who are turning 18, Debut, in other words. I really love the Idea of being treated like a princess, the feeling of being treasured even just for once. But my dream of having grand party faded when my mom died when I as still 7 years old. ... after that.... Everything went blank... My Lifetime nightmare started... And all the happy smiles were gone... At a young age I have to experience unbearable events...I was even called Cinderella because of my life, back then. As I face the real world... I realized many things. It may sound cheesy, but trust me... It helped to overcome every test that God gave me. It's all a fact. Like what I said, I used to desire having a grand debut... A party that I can boast to my friends.. A party that will pay tribute to all the things I surpassed. Cause, I always pity myself. I always tell myself, "You've been through a lot. you need some leisure time for yourself, Don't think about others." Sadly, No one else have the same perception as me... My father keeps on telling me, "Debut, is just a birthday, We won't waste money for just one day" While writing this entry... I've realized a very important lesson... Being Happy is a choice... Other people may be the sources of your emotions, may it be bad or good. But in the end of the day... It's all up to you... No one else but YOU. you might be wondering, what's the connection of my experiences to my incoming debut... I tell you this, ... "Instead of keeping that hatred inside of you.. Why don't you make it as basis to achieve your dreams" , "Be contented, On what you have.", "Be glad that despite all the challenges you've been through...You're still here today..." and Lastly, "If you already overcome big challenges, passing through simple problem like not having a Grand birthday? won't be a big deal anymore. " :)