Miguel Angel
AMERICAN BEAUTY - My favourite film (FCE-Task) - Please grade it ;) REVIEW – “AMERICAN BEAUTY - My favourite film” I still remember these poetical words from the movie: “Sometimes there is so much beauty in the world, I can´t ever stand it, and it feels like my heart is going to burst”. American Beauty is one of the best comedy-drama films I have ever seen. The five Oscars it won, included the Oscar to the best movie of 1999, are without any doubt well-deserved. Directed by Sam Mendes and starred by Kevin Spacy in the role of Lester, a 42 advertising executive who serves as the film´s narrator, Anette Beign in the role of Lester´s wife, an ambitious realtor and Thora Birch in the role of Jane, their daughter and an unhappy teen with self-stem problems. The movie is set in the residential outskirts/ suburbs of a North American city. Everything looks apparently perfect, however if you scratch a little on the surface you will soon realise that as a matter of fact it is not. Lester is slipping into a deeper and deeper depression until he becomes totally infatuated with one of his daughter´s friends what will makes him feel invigorated. Carolyn has a love affair with a real state rival and Jane falls in love with a weird and shy boy-next-door named Rick. The dialogues are brilliant, thrilling and intriguing. The film is full of a profound irony and intelligent elements of humour. The photograph is pure poetry, the characters are memorable, the cast, the direction and the screenplay are simply perfect. Nevertheless, the best thing of the movie is by far the unexpected, shocking and breath-taking end. I am sure you will never forget it. If you love thought-provoking films, “American Beauty” should be at the top of your list, it is really worth it.

AMERICAN BEAUTY - My favourite film (FCE-Task) - Please grade it ;)

REVIEW – “AMERICAN BEAUTY - My favourite film”

I still remember these poetical words from the movie: “Sometimes there is so much beauty in the world, I can´t ever stand it, and it feels like my heart is going to burst”.

American Beauty is one of the best comedy-drama films I have ever seen. The five Oscars it won, included the Oscar to for the best movie of 1999, are without any doubt well-deserved.

Directed by Sam Mendes and starred starring by Kevin Spacy in the role of Lester, a 42 advertising executive who serves as the film´s narrator, Annette Beign Bening in the role of Lester´s wife, an ambitious realtor and Thora Birch in the role of Jane, their daughter and an unhappy teen with self-stem esteem problems.

The movie is set in the residential outskirts/ suburbs of a North American city. Everything looks apparently perfect, however if you scratch a little on beneath the surface you will soon realise that as a matter of fact it is not. Lester is slipping into a deeper and deeper depression until he becomes totally infatuated with one of his daughter´s friends what will that makes him feel invigorated. Carolyn has a love affair with a real state rival and Jane falls in love with a weird and shy boy-next-door named Rick.

The dialogues are brilliant, thrilling and intriguing. The film is full of a profound irony and intelligent elements of humour. The photograph is pure poetry, the characters are memorable, the cast, the direction and the screenplay are simply perfect. Nevertheless, the best thing of about the movie is by far the unexpected, shocking and breath-taking ending. I am sure you will never forget it.

If you love thought-provoking films, “American Beauty” should be at the top of your list, it is really worth it.

American Beauty is one of the best comedy-drama films I have ever seen. The five Oscars it won, included the Oscar to the best movie of 1999, are without any doubt well-deserved.

Directed by Sam Mendes and starred by Kevin Spacy in the role of Lester, a 42 advertising executive who serves as the film´s narrator, Anette Beign in the role of Lester´s wife, an ambitious realtor and Thora Birch in the role of Jane, their daughter and an unhappy teen with self-stem problems.

The movie is set in the residential outskirts/ suburbs of a North American city. Everything looks apparently perfect, however if you scratch a little on the surface you will soon realise that as a matter of fact it is not. Lester is slipping into a deeper and deeper depression until he becomes totally infatuated with one of his daughter´s friends, fact that will make him feel invigorated. Carolyn has a love affair with a real state rival and Jane falls in love with a weird and shy boy-next-door named Rick.

The dialogues are brilliant, thrilling and intriguing. The film is full of a profound irony and intelligent elements of humour. The photograph is pure poetry, the characters are memorable, the cast, the direction and the screenplay are simply perfect. Nevertheless, the best thing of the movie is by far the unexpected, shocking and breath-taking end. I am sure you will never forget it.

Directed by Sam Mendes and starred by Kevin Spacy in the role of Lester, a 42-year-old advertising executive who serves as the film´s narrator, Anette Beign in the role of Lester´s wife, an ambitious realtor and Thora Birch in the role of Jane, their daughter and an unhappy teen with self-stem problems.

The movie is set in the residential outskirts/ suburbs of a North American city. Everything looks apparently perfect, however if you scratch a little on the surface you will soon realise that as a matter of fact it is not. Lester is slipping into a deeper and deeper depression until he becomes totally infatuated with one of his daughter´s friends what will makes him feel invigorated. Carolyn has a love affair with a real state rival and Jane falls in love with a weird and shy boy-next-door named Rick.