Janice
Some people suggest that students should spend some time in a foreign country learning local culture Due to the fact that the number of overseas students have been increasing significantly,the question of whether it is necessary for students to spend time comprehending local culture and language in a foreign country has haunted the public recent years.Personally speaking,I completely agree with the idea. It is undeniable that the costs of studying abroad are incredibly high.Some opponents claim that there is an old saying:” Time flies.” which means that time is too precious to squander.As a result,resources should not be wasted by students and they can completely learn foreign culture and language in homeland through the informative Internet and journals by themselves. However,The advocates believe this to be a short-sighted view.Faced with the fact that a much higher proportion of learning capacity to a high level when the students who spend extra time in foreign countries for contacting with the local language and civilization than their counterparts in Domestic schools do.So, the new one can adapt to environment preferable by spending time on local culture and languages. In addition, access to local convention can push out the horizon of our knowledge. The unforgettable experience supply anew carefully examines oneself from a different angle.We have to admit that understanding local culture and language in foreign is more authentic and high-efficiency. Not only is it significant but also The rewards of those activity far outweigh the costs. In conclusion,it is critically crucial for society to understand this phenomenon,while the advantages of spending some time in a foreign country learning local culture and language far overweigh disadvantages.Therefore,as long as we have opportunities we ought to accept the civilization in person.