Norm
My Video Introduction! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q20H4NWTXLM&feature=youtu.be Sorry about the sound quality - I'm not just new to Romanian - I'm new to doing videos and posting them to YouTube too!
Ah, thank you :)
Well, is your accent perfect in that video? No. Is it understandable? Yes. Is it therefore a fantastic accomplishment after 2 weeks. Most definitely. About "Îmi pare bine" - I would use "Îmi pare bine" when meeting someone in person and shaking hands. When addressing a more general audience like in your video, it doesn't really make sense on its own and it's better to qualify it since "Îmi pare bine" ca also mean "I'm glad/It pleases me"
Mulțumesc Lorelai! So far I've had two other native speakers tell me it's funny, but I didn't want to leave it any longer before I tried speaking in case I got stuck with reading and writing but not talking, as I have with previous languages. I've seen both "Îmi pare bine" and "Îmi pare bine de cunoștință" but couldn't figure out what the difference was.
Bună și felicitări -congratulations, that's a very good effort - impressive, I would say for somebody who's been learning Romanian for only 2 weeks. Just one little thing: where you say "Îmi pare bine" it would be OK to say "Îmi pare bine de cunoștință" - Nice to meet you! Keep up the good work!