Human Nightmare Hi everybody! First of all, thanks for corrections! I always like when you make corrections on my texts. This is the way I can learn English. Yesterday, I was watching TV at home and it was showing a program about horror stories. Stories about vampire, werewolf, zombies! Anything about night creatures that can kill a man in seconds scares us! But, after the program ends, I was thinking about it! Why this kind of movies/stories scares us? The answer is: I don't know. At least in Brazil, we are living a nightmare nowadays. So we don't have to be afraid of those creatures. Our vampires, werewolves and zombies are robbers, killers and rapists. But, unlike what happens in the movies, we don't have a hero to save us and those creatures can walk at the day. Wherever we go is not a safe place. They are in everywhere! Bwa-ha-ha-ha... Sorry for that! I was trying to do a sinister laugh. I don't know the situation in other countries, I told the situation in my country. I think in whole world that situation is a rule and not an exception. I think we are living a human nightmare, but it isn't just another story. It is the real life! Do you agree? Give me your opinion about it.
1

Human Nightmare

Hi everybody!

First of all, thanks for corrections! I always like {better word: "appreciate"} it when you make corrections on my texts. This is the way I can learn English.

Yesterday, I was watching TV at home and it was showing {or "there was"} a program about on horror stories: stories about vampires, werewolves, zombies! Anything about night creatures that can kill a man in seconds scares us! But, after the program ended, I was thinking about it! Why does this kind* of movies/story scares us? The answer is: I don't know.

At least in Brazil, we are living a nightmare nowadays. So we don't have to be afraid of those creatures. Our vampires, werewolves and zombies are robbers, killers and rapists. But, unlike what happens in the movies, we don't have a hero to save us and those creatures can walk at (among us) during the day. Wherever we go is not a safe place.** They are in everywhere! Bwa-ha-ha-ha...*** Sorry for that! I was trying to do a sinister laugh.

I don't know the situation in other countries; I told can only tell the situation in my country. I think, in whole world, that situation is a rule and not an exception. I think we are living a human nightmare, but it isn't just another story. It is the real life!

Do you agree? Give me your opinion about it.

*Saying "this kind" here signals something singular, so "movie" or "story".

**This sounds a little passive. I suggest re-writing this with the "negative" up front to sound more assertive: "There is nowhere we can go that is safe".

***To convey an evil laugh, we usually write "mwahahhaaha". "Bwahahaha" is more like someone bursting out laughing. :D

I think it's true everywhere, but we can't let the fear that something bad can happen immobilize us and stop us from living and enjoying life.