Yavuz
Getting used to the city After living İstanbul for a long time, it is quite hard to adopt a city in Europe. There are so many differences in terms of population, weather, regularity, people. My friends were used to say in Europe everyone obey the rules like if there is a red light for pedesterians, even if there is no cars around, they stop and wait till turning light green. I was used to think that they were exaggerating everything. But, I'm seeing now and it is like they said. I'm also strangely starting to get used to these rules. But sometimes I feel myself like an idiot ;) I'm now learning what for a pedestrian crossing is used after vehicles start to slow down even I'm not that close to pedestrian crossing. Bikes are used in everywhere as means of transport. I heard there are more bikes than the total population in the Netherlands. Also, I have seen first-time lights for bikes. I saw those lights only on books when I was studying for getting my driver licence. I bought a bike compulsorily since my school was twenty-five minutes away by walking. Also bicycles here is different. They are generally using one gear bikes which has different type of wheel. One day later I bought my bike, we planned to go Rotterdam which is 14km away from place we live, by bike. At the half of the road, my tire blewout and we continued rest of the road by walking. When we reached centre of the Rotterdam where there is train station. Then we split off since I could go on with them no longer. And I tried to find a bike repair place. Because the day was Sunday, there wasn't any open place. So I started to look for a bike pump. I thought maybe it was just flat not burst. After inflating my tire, I could go 3-4 km. Then I walked nearly 10km with a bike. It was very tiring day. I wasn't feeling my legs when I got my room. To be continued..

Getting used to the city

After living İstanbul for a long time, it is quite hard to adapt to a city in Europe. There are so many differences in terms of population, weather, regularity?, people. My friends were used to say that in Europe everyone obeys the rules, like if there is a red light for pedestrians, even if there are no cars around, they stop and wait till the light turns green. I was used to think that they were exaggerating everything. But, I'm seeing now and it is like they said. I'm also strangely starting to get used to these rules. But sometimes I feel myself like an idiot ;) I'm now learning what for a pedestrian crossing is used for as vehicles start to slow down even if I'm not that close to the pedestrian crossing.
Bikes are used in everywhere as a means of transport. I heard there are more bikes than the total population in the Netherlands. Also, I have seen for the first-time lights for bikes. I saw such lights only in books when I was studying to get my driving licence. I had to buy bought a bike compulsorily since my school was a twenty-five minute walk away by walking. Also bicycles here are different. They are generally use one-gear bikes which have a different type of wheel. The day after I bought my bike, we were going by bike to Rotterdam which is 14km away from the place we live in. Half way there, my tire got a puncture and we had to complete the rest of the journey on foot. When we reached the centre of the Rotterdam, we found a train station. Then we split up since I could not go on with them any longer. Then, I tried to find a bike repair shop. Because it was Sunday, no bike shops were open.  So I started to look for a bike pump. I thought maybe it was just flat not burst. After inflating my tire, I could go 3-4 km. Then I walked nearly 10km with the bike. It was very tiring day. my legs had no feeling in them by the time I got back to my room.

<em>Good stuff!  Can't wait for part 2.  Kind regards, Michael </em>

To be continued..

Getting used to the city

After living in İstanbul for a long time, it is quite hard to adopt to a city in Europe. There are so many differences in terms of population, weather, regularity(?), and people. My friends were used to say that in Europe everyone obeys the rules. For example like if there is a red light for pedesterians, even if there is no cars around, they would stop and wait till the light turnsing green. I was used to think that they were are exaggerating everything. But, now I'm seeing it now and it is the same as like they said. I'm also strangely starting to get used to these rules. But sometimes I feel myself like an idiot ;). Now I'm now learning that for what for a pedestrian crossing is used to. Near pedestrian crossing vehicles start to slow down even if I'm not that close to it. pedestrian crossing.
Bikes are used in everywhere as means of transport. I heard there are more bikes than the total population in the Netherlands. Also, I have seen first-time lights for bikes. I saw those lights only on in books when I was studying for getting my driver licence. I had to buy bought a bike compulsorily since because my school was twenty-five minutes away by walking. Also bicycles here are is different. They are generally using one gear bikes which has different type of wheel. One day later I bought my bike. We planned to go to Rotterdam by bike which is 14km away from the place we live, by bike. At the half of the road, my tire blewout and we continued rest of the road by walking. When we reached the centre of the Rotterdam where there is train station. Then we split up off since as I could no longer go on with them no longer. And I tried to find a bike repair shopplace. Because it the day was a Sunday, there wasn't any shop open place. So I started to look for a bike pump. I thought it maybe it was just flat(airless) not burst(punctured). After inflating my the tire, I could go 3-4 km. Then I walked nearly 10km with a the bike. It was a very tiring day. I wasn't feeling my legs when I got in my room.

To be continued...