Julia
I won a medal!! I was trying to think about any remarkable moments I had recently been through to write here. Surprisingly, there came quite a lot into my mind. Some good, some bad, some embarassing or traumatic events. But I chose the happiest of them! My first medal in kung fu competitions!! In my first competition! And it was a GOLD medal! *--* I had to travel to São Paulo (a brazilian city. the biggest and most enonomically active in the country) along with my... teammates? (Is that how i'm supposed to call the people who practice with me? I don't know). So you can imagine how fun this trip was. I got to know lots of nice and fun people, I had the opportunity to enter a shop of kung fu weapons (that felt like heaven to me) and see lots of astonishing performances of the most experienced athletes. As i am an relatively inexperienced practitioner (only 2 and a half years of training) I was in the newbie cathegory. And there were only two more girls competing in my cathegory (there were worse cases. some cathegories had only ONE athlete competing!! medal by WO!!) so all of us would end up with a medal. So my teacher said the least I should do was get the gold one, haha. I must say this was not such a difficult achievement, but the emotion of holding your first medal (and what a beautiful medal that was) is totally worth it. I'm now dreaming of holding that gourgeous shiny black belt. Can't imagine my life without kung fu anymore :3
That is brilliant! When do you get your black belt? Or when do you test for it?
June 16, 2015
Nooo, wait! I'm sorry, I think I expressed myself wrong! I meant that getting the black belt is my dream for the future. I'm still very far from getting it, haha :)
Julia nice to hear that you are black belt :) Best of luck in future.