Emmylion
My native city Zaporozhye - a city on the Dnieper River, the administrative center of the Zaporozhye region of Ukraine. Is one of the largest administrative, industrial and cultural centers of the south of Ukraine. Population - 765 thousand. Pers. (2014). The river port and an important transit railway junction. The fourth-largest industrial center of Ukraine with the developed machine building, ferrous and non-ferrous metallurgy, chemical and construction industries. A large number of industrial enterprises in the city pollute the city's air. Zaporizhia Oak Since the founding of the city on city land and the island of Khortytsya "solid wall" grown oaks that with the growth of the city gradually disappeared. According to D. Yavornitsky grew up on the island of Khortytsya giant centuries-old oak trees. "He was full of branches and colossal thickness, standing in stopyatidesyati yards from the island-Khortyts'ke colonies to the south, at the road, directed across the island in length. According to legend, the oak was the rallying point for the Cossacks, where they visited glad Cossacks under the oak prayed before going on the enemy. in 1775, "Peaslee troitskogo holy" Cossacks last saluted "the holy oaks" - drank a few barrels of vodka, otplyasali Kozachko, and said goodbye. by 1888 oak shriveled away leaving only a stump with a 6 meter coverage . Probably under this oak Cossacks wrote his famous letter to the Turkish Sultan. picturesque atmosphere of this event is shown in the famous painting by Ilya Repin's "The Cossacks." Repin himself, working on the painting, came to the island of Khortytsya. Currently, in the village of Upper Khortytsya is the same age as this dries oak. The diameter of its crown is 63 meters girth - 6 meters 32 centimeters, height - 36 meters. Almost withered tree back in the 1990s, it was only one live branch. Dried oak branches supported by metal poles. DnieproGES Hallmark of the city is the dam and powerhouse DnieproGES, whose construction plan of electrification was launched in 1927, designed by G. Alexandrov. The first unit was put into operation in 1932 In 1939, the power station has reached 560 thousand in the project. KW and at the time it was the largest hydroelectric power station in Europe. Hydroelectric given the opportunity to flood the Dnieper rapids and unimpeded navigation on the middle and lower reaches of the Dnieper.