Eversong
Writing Class and Studying Japanese I returned to University yesterday and I am taking a creative writing class. During this semester I will have to submit two large writing assignments to be critiqued by my professor and classmates. Our writings can be short stories, chapters of a novel we are writing, places we have traveled, or just about anything as long as it tells a story to the reader and meets the page requirements. I really love to write and have already been working on a young adult novel and some children's literature. For my first writing workshop I think I will submit one of the stories I've been writing for older children. Actually, I'm also an artist, so I can draw and paint. Some of my friends have told me I should consider doing children's illustrators or make a web manga, because of how well I can draw. I really do appreciate their encouragement, because I would absolutely love to publish a book some day. It is one of my dreams. Perhaps when I submit my story for class, I will include a drawing of the characters. There is no rule saying we can't include illustrations, and since the story I want to submit is for children, I think it would be nice to include a drawing for the people reading it. As for the second workshop, I may write something completely new. We shall see how inspired I feel. Over the next few months I will be studying Japanese 2-3 hour almost every day, because in December I will be taking a Japanese placement exam at my University. If I can pass the placement exam I will get credit for some classes without having to take them. Doing so would save me a lot of time and money and since I'm once again a poor college student I like the prospect of saving money. Also, There is no reason for me to take a class if I already know the material that will be covered in it. Now the big question is, what is the best way for me to study Japanese? Not sure I have an answer for that yet. I have been making flash cards to help me memorize kanji and I've got a grammar and verb book I'm using too. Some of my friends are supposed to recommend some books to me and I have two people who have offered to tutor me in Japanese. Hopefully, with all the resources available I will figure something out. Anyway, Have a great day everyone. I will try to write more in Japanese and correct some journals over the weekend.
I think your skills in Japanese must be improved so much in a year. Why don't you write about "writing class" more, in English or in Japanese?