Junior J Rodriguez H
Come across I found this phrasal verb short time ago. It's very useful to mean that you have found or encounter something or someone by accident. It also describes the way someone is or how someone acts in particular situations. I looked up some examples while surfing the web so they helped me to make up some ones by my own, here they are: - He comes across as an easy-going person. - I don't know why she always comes across as a shy person when we talk alone. - I came across my uncle Leo when I was at the mall. - Jerry failed his test again, he has lately come across as a lazy student. - My mom came a cross this puppy in the street, we don't know where his owners live. ( Any help would be fine)
1

>> Any help would be fine

All but one of your examples were correct.  The following example was not quite correct:

"Jerry failed his test again, he has lately come across as a lazy student."

The following definition is not quite correct:

"To come across" describes the way someone is or how someone acts in particular situations.

If you look at the bottom-right box of your photograph, you will see an important word: "appearance".  Therefore, the following definition may be better:

"To come across" describes the way someone <em>appears to be</em> in particular situations.

Let me give you some examples of this use of the phrase "to come across":

"He is a brilliant professor, yet outside university he comes across as a kindly old man."

"He usually comes across as a kindly old man when in truth he is a brilliant professor."

"She studies extremely hard in her bedroom, but in class she comes across as a lazy student."

"In class she comes across as a lazy student when in fact she studies extremely hard in her bedroom."

This use of the phrase "to come across" suggests that a person's <em>appearance</em> is different from his or her <em>real</em> self--at least in a particular situation.

Let's look again at your fourth example:

Because Jerry is <em>actually</em> failing, his laziness may be a real cause and not an "appearance" of laziness.  A better example would be:

"Jerry scores well in all his tests, yet lately he comes across as a lazy student."

I hope this helps.

Very good.. just one question.. where did you happen to come across this phrasal verb?