Maxim
Krasnogorov's play Family scenes Actors: Husband Wife page 1 There is an ordinary flat into an ordinary house. A Husband and his Wife have finished tea-drinking, and Husband decides to start a difficult explanation after long hesitancies. HUSBAND. Dear, I want to seriously talk with you long ago. The matter about an important decision which I have concluded but which is relevant to us. I have held off this conversation many months, but silent no more. After all, probably you already guess what will be a speecHusband. I will not tell you anything you don't know… It's probably for the best, because you will be saved from the unpleasant surprise. In short … Why do you always silent? WIFE. I’m listening you, darling. HUSBAND. Our marriage has never been perfect, but in recent time, it has become for both of us a real torture. I very clearly understood that since I have met a person whose views on life ... In short … I'll talk all night alone, or do you still say anything? WIFE. Please, don’t angry, darling. I’m listening you. HUSBAND. Yes… Well, what do I want to tell about? WIFE. “… a person whose views on life ...” HUSBAND. Oh yeah… So I have met a person who looks at a life as well as I look at it, who guesses every my wish before it has time to appear… WIFE. Is anyone from your subordinate persons? HUSBAND. No! What’s that got to do with my subordinate persons? WIFE. I just thought that if a person who guesses your wishes… HUSBAND. Please, don’t interrupt me! WIFE. I will not. I just thought… HUSBAND. Do you ever stop talking? WIFE. But you asked me something to say. HUSBAND. And now I ask you to shut up! WIFE. OK, darling. HUSBAND. Damn it … What do I want to tell about? WIFE. “has time to appear” HUSBAND. Who has time to appear? WIFE. It. HUSBAND. Who is “It”? What is that mess? WIFE. A wisHusband. HUSBAND. Oh yeah… So, my dear, listen to me quietly. It’s time to take a step which… After all, it would be better for both of us. I hope you will meet this shock firmly and courageously. I decided … In other words, I decided … that we… WIFE. Yes, my darling? HUSBAND. That we … That we have to get a divorce. WIFE. OK, honey. HUSBAND. What is “OK”? WIFE. That you said. You always speak right and sensible things. I’m proud of you. HUSBAND. Wait… May be you have misunderstood me? WIFE. You decided that we have to get a divorce. What's the problem? HUSBAND. Well, and… What do you think about it?