Sindy
„What we do in live echoes in eternity“ How do you think about vengeance? One of the best movies I’ve ever seen is Gladiator, not only because I was impressed by the strong acting skills of Russell Crowe but rather because of the profound topic. Until now, I’ve been watching it five times, at least. The Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, a pretty wise and clear-sighted old man, wants General Maximus Decimus Meridius to succeed him with the abolition of the Empire on mind. Marcus’ son Commodus is understandably appalled about the request and kills his father. He pretends to be his father’s successor, thus the new Roman Emperor. Of course, Maximus reads Commodus like an open book and refuses to remain loyal. In consequence of his wounded pride, Maximus’ wife and son were killed by the order of Commodus. As fate would have it, Maximum becomes one of the most popular gladiators and has finally, at Commodus’ request, the opportunity to fight against Commodus and thus, to revenge the murder on his dearly-beloved family… After the fight, he dies. His death comes as a release from the emotional distress. The movie is about the discrepancy between fairness, vengeance and sanity and every time, I watch it, I feel ill at ease and content at the same time.
1

„What we do in life echoes in eternity“

What do you think about vengeance?

One of the best movies I’ve ever seen is Gladiator, not only because I was impressed by the strong acting skills of Russell Crowe but rather because of the profound topic. Until now, I’ve (been watching) watched it five times, at least.

The Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, a pretty wise and clear-sighted old man, wants General Maximus Decimus Meridius to succeed him with the abolition of the Empire on mind. Marcus’ son Commodus is understandably appalled about the request and kills his father. He pretends to be his father’s successor, thus the new Roman Emperor. Of course, Maximus reads Commodus like an open book and refuses to remain loyal. In consequence of his wounded pride, Maximus’ wife and son were killed by the order of Commodus.

As fate would have it, Maximum becomes one of the most popular gladiators and has finally, at Commodus’ request, he finally has the opportunity to fight against Commodus and thus, to revenge the murder on his dearly-beloved family… After the fight, he dies. His death comes as a release from the emotional distress.

The movie is about the discrepancy between fairness, vengeance and sanity and every time, I watch it, I feel ill at ease and content at the same time.

1

What Do You Think About Vengeance?

One of the best movies I’ve ever seen is Gladiator, not only because I was impressed by the strong acting skills of Russell Crowe, but rather because of its profound topic. So far, I’ve watched it five times, at least.

The Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, a pretty wise and clear-sighted old man, wants General Maximus Decimus Meridius to succeed him with the abolition of the Empire on mind. Marcus’ son Commodus is understandably appalled about the request and kills his father. He pretends to be his father’s successor, thus the new Roman Emperor. Of course, Maximus reads Commodus like an open book and refuses to remain loyal. In consequence of his wounded pride, Commodus gets Maximus’ wife and son killed.

As fate would have it, Maximum becomes one of the most popular gladiators and, near the end of the movie, gets the opportunity to fight against Commodus and thus, to revenge the murder on his dearly-beloved family… After the fight, he dies. His death comes as a release from the emotional distress.

The movie is about the discrepancy between fairness, vengeance and sanity and every time I watch it, I feel ill at ease and content at the same time. :)