Shabnam
IELTS TASK 1: Chart 22. The UK and Visitors The line chart below shows the number of British people visiting foreign countries and that of overseas visitors travelling to the UK from 1979 to 1999. The second chart represents the most popular countries visited by British residents and the number of them in 1999. According to the line chart, the both lines trend to grow over a twenty-year period. The number of UK residents visiting overseas increased gradually by approximately 8 million from 1979 to 1985, while that of overseas people travelling to the Britain grown by almost 3 million from 1979 to 1986. Since, there was a dramatically surge in the number of British visitors travelling to foreign countries from 20 million in 1985 to over 52 million in 1999; in contrast, that of foreigner people travelling to the UK went up from 12 million in 1986 to roughly 28 million in 1999. As it can be seen in the second chart, the most popular country visited by British people was France with 11 million, followed by Spain with 9 million. The two counties USA and Greece visited with less and more than 3 million. Turkey was the country visited by UK people with the lowest number of visitors (2 million) among the most popular ones.
1

IELTS TASK 1: Chart 22. The UK and Visitors

The line chart below shows the number of British people visiting foreign countries and that of overseas visitors travelling to the UK from 1979 to 1999. The second chart represents the most popular countries visited by British residents and the number of them in 1999.
According to the line chart, the both lines trend trend of both lines is to grow over a twenty-year period. The number of UK residents visiting overseas increased gradually by approximately 8 million from 1979 to 1985, while that of overseas people travelling to the Britain grown grew by almost 3 million from 1979 to 1986. Since then, there was has been a dramatically surge in the number of British visitors travelling to foreign countries from 20 million in 1985 to over 52 million in 1999; in contrast, that of foreigner people travelling to the UK went up from 12 million in 1986 to roughly 28 million in 1999.
As it can be seen in the second chart, the most popular country visited by British people was France with 11 million, followed by Spain with 9 million. The two counties USA and Greece were visited with by <em>less and more</em> (which is it???) than 3 million. Turkey was the country visited by UK people with the lowest number of visitors (2 million) among the most popular ones.