Carmen
Professional Teacher
Dear Jan Dear Jan, I haven’t heard from you for the last two months. I guess you may be already in Nuremberg getting ready for your course, or perhaps back to Sheffield babysitting that sod, or hopefully plucking apples with Vincent at Limoges. I miss you so much... Do you want to continue reading my personal correspondence? ;D Click right button here: http://carmencorrea.hatenablog.com/entry/2014/08/29/220650 Hi! I'm posting my daily writing exercises on this blog, come in to read the full text, and if you find some mistakes or you feel like giving me some feedback, feel free to write below! :)

Dear Jan,

I haven’t heard from you for the last two months. I guess you may be already in Nuremberg getting ready for your course, or perhaps back to Sheffield babysitting that sod, or hopefully plucking apples with Vincent at Limoges. I miss you so much. My mother got a parcel sent from the east coast, she said your surname was written in the return address. I’ll go get it next weekend, I’ve not been home lately, you know. I bet it’s one of those film magazines they publish annually. You are a kind soul.

Days are getting shorter and piling up nicely. I’ve been cleaning up the shelves and organizing them. I found a book you lent me some time ago. I’ll let you guess which one it is by a quote: “Then he also left, leaving forgotten in the little hotel three shirts, an unpaired sock, a walking stick with ivory handle, a shower gel with sandalwood and two phone numbers written by pen in the plastic shower curtain.” Read it again.

I knew you’d guess it at on the second round.

I’ve been trying to remember our last talk. I know it lasted for two hours and that we screamed with laughter, but I can barely recall something about an unfinished preface, Ancient Carthage and some incident with your loan. I hope things are going better between you and Paul. His a stone in your road, though. You are a kind soul.

Sorry for not picking up the phone. I know you called me a few weeks ago. I was probably scribbling some nonsense and then I completely forgot about it. I’ve just remembered you asked me for a recording of me fooling around with those tales by Chukovsky. I might do it one of these mornings. I promise this time; you'll get it by fall. Let me know if you need me to check something of yours out. You know I’m a mess but I'm always down for your stuff. You are a kind soul. I miss you so much.

Nice letter. Only a couple of nits, otherwise very well done. You are right; you will dominate the writing portion of your test! :)