Shabnam
IELTS TASK 1: Chart 23. The UK and The Travelling Methods. This table shows the changes in the methods of travelling in the UK between 1985 and 2000. Travelling by car was the most popular method preferred in the Britain in both the years 1985 and 2000; however, there was a more than 1000 miles growth in using car per person in 2000 (4.806 miles). The biggest change can be seen in the use of bus for long distant travels where the distance travelled by a person increased from 54 miles in 1985 to 124 miles in 2000, followed taxi which almost tripled in that year (42 miles). Travelling by local bus, bicycle, and walking were those which were chosen less in 2000 than 1985, with no significant difference in taking them as a means to travel between those years. The use of train and other ways rose in 2000 in contrast to 1985 where the distance travelled by one reached to 366 miles from 289 in 1985. Overall, there was variation in selection of approaches for travelling between 198 and 2000, while the trends show an upward in using most of the means in 2000. However, the most distance travelled in all modes was belonged to car.
Dear Helen, thanks a lottttt for you kindness. Yes dear, I try to can select the best parts of charts. Thanks dear
Instead of providing a correction, I thought I would just give some comments. Tables are tricky. First of all, you absolutely MUST mention the All Modes data. When you gave your overview about car use you could have said something like, "Travelling by car accounted for the greatest distance traveled by far, accounting for approximately 75% of all modes of travel in both years. There is no one right way to approach Task 1. Remember though to pick out and highlight the features that allow the reader to visualize the data, even if he doesn't have the table in front of him. Some pieces of data are more important than others so group whenever possible.