Lorenzo
[IELTS] Academic Task 1 The diagrams below give information on transport and car use in Edmonton. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. http://www.ielts-exam.net/academic_writing_samples_task_1/749/ The pie-chart compares the means of transport used in Edmonton, while the table refers to the reasons for using the car in the city. In particular, the chart focuses on the use of car, light rail transit, bus and taxi. According to the data shown, almost half of Edmonton's entire population use car as main mean of transport. In fact 45 % of the people prefer car to light rail transit, which occupies the second place in the chart with 35 %. By contrast, it appears from the chart that bus and taxi are in a similar situation because they are chosen by 10 % of the total population. It seems clear from the table that the principal reason for using a car is commuting to work, as a matter of fact 55 % of Edmonton's population choose this option. In addiction, a close look at the data shows that people use mainly car for taking children to school and for business reasons. Nevertheless, car is also used for shopping and leisure activities by 10 % of the people interviewed. Overall, car is the most used mean of transport in Edmonton and commuting to work is the main reason for using it.