Eva Liu
Is College Education a Necessity for Everyone? Honestly speaking, although I am a college student, college education is not necessary for everyone. College education provide us with both an oppotunity to study and a chance to enhance our personal capability to achieve our final goal - the dedication for what we love. But can college education really make for a sucessful person? I am afraid not. On the one hand, for those people who want to learn some useful knowledge through college education, they will finally be depressed when they find that a great number of useless courses are occupying their curriculum schedule and waste their precious time. For those people who are intelligent, college education seems too shadow for them. At the same time, with the advance of the Internet, people can have access to online courses tought by famous professors conveniently and freely, which cover almost all range of fields. On the other hand, if you hope to enhance your personal capability though college education, you may find that you are still a child without any experience when you set foot on the society. Nowhere can better than society to experience yourself. College education is only fit for the people who have no special intelligence and are not ready to set foot on the society. Many famous people such as Steve Jobs, Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg are not complete their college education. College education now, especially Chinese college education, can not teach students in accordance with their aptitude, which is bad for people to develop themselves diversify. So college education is not a necessity for everyone.

Is College Education a Necessity for Everyone?

Honestly speaking, although I am a college student, college education is not necessary for everyone. College education provides us with both an opportunity to study and a chance to enhance our personal capability to achieve our final goal - dedicating ourselves to what we love. But can college education really make a sucessful person? I am afraid not.
On the one hand, for those who want to learn some useful knowledge through college education, they will be depressed when they find that a great number of useless courses are occupying their curriculum schedule and wasting their precious time. For those people who are intelligent, college education seems too shallow for them. At the same time, with the advance of the Internet, people can have access to online courses taught by famous professors conveniently and freely, which cover almost all range of fields.
On the other hand, if you hope to enhance your personal capability through college education, you may find that you are still a child without any experience when you set foot in the society. Society is the best place to gain experience.
College education is only fit for people who have no special intelligence and are not ready to set foot on the society. Many famous people such as Steve Jobs, Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg did not complete their college education.
College education now, especially Chinese college education, cannot teach students in accordance with their aptitude, which is bad for people to develop themselves holistically. So college education is not a necessity for everyone.

Having a degree is a necessity for many jobs, at least in my country. I have a bachelor degree. My way to get it was not straight. I quit study at one university, moved to another university, then quit it and finally got back and finished it. My goal was to get a degree and my strategy was to get through course by course with average grades. It worked. At my work I see that many people have even master degrees and doing only 'copy & paste' jobs for little money. I would recommend everyone who has a real passion for something: go and do it, study that subject you really like even if it means you will may have problems to find a job in the future. If you do not do that, you can very easily end up doing a job you do not like. You will be unhappy most of the time, wasting time, feeling stress and it's only a matter of time and you will develop some health problems.