Maxim
Krasnogorov's play (3) page 3 WIFE. OK, honey. Just try to remember everything. First, let she finish knit your sweater. I almost knitted. There is only one sleeve. If she does not understand the design let me call. Accounts for an apartment, telephone, electricity, etc. are in the right-hand drawer of the desk. I always pay at the beginning of every montHusband. Tell her not to forget. When she will throw the laundry in the washing machine, she should check your purple ... well, you know, those warm ... – I think they need to mend. Another would be a good idea to wash the windows, because on Saturday you will have guests. Your most boring boss again. Don’t forget he loves lamb chops. But I think she be able to choose a right meat. By the way, honey, you have not bought good kitchen knives, which I asked. Do you allow it to peeling potatoes and cutting cabbage knows what? If she doesn’t know you show her where I take out the garbage... HUSBAND. My God. Garbage! WIFE. Later she has to be very clear what to do. Is she a housewifely? HUSBAND. I don’t knoWife. We didn’t talk about this. But why are you leaving from? You don’t have to go. WIFE. No, my dear. After your words to stay here would be immoral, wouldn’t it? (She closes the suitcase, sits down and thinks). This is so strange… HUSBAND. What is strange? WIFE. I’m 32 years old and there was only one man in my life. HUSBAND. I don't understand what you mean. WIFE. I just thought I will have else. That's weird, isn't it? HUSBAND. Are you satisfied with yourself? WIFE. No, honey, no. But I’m curious. Perhaps this is very bad. I’m sorry. (She takes the suitcase and goes to the exit). HUSBAND. So, you're out of here? Wait! You cannot so… WIFE. Didn’t you decide? HUSBAND. I of course decided but… WIFE. Your dinner is in the fridge. In the morning don't forget to take your meds and to polish your shoes before you go out. HUSBAND. I’m telling you - don't have to rush… WIFE. Would you kiss a fellow goodbye? Kiss. HUSBAND. I want to say you … WIFE. Here are the keys. Goodbye. (She leaves.) HUSBAND wanders around in the empty apartment. The phone rings. Husband picks up the phone.