Lou
New School Term Begins I'm not a freshman or sophomore any more but a junior today. My first class is Advanced English. Luckily,I had a preview of Lesson 1 before the class so that I could catch the pace of my teacher in class and I found it was a great passage. The Middle Eastern Bazaar was described by the author vividly which impressed me a lot that I felt like I was being there. I could see the veiled women selecting the cloth, I heard the tinkling and banging from copper-smiths' market and I touched the solid gateway of aged brick and stone... In the afternoon, after lunch I didn't take a break then went to have my second class, that is Practical Logic Course. The classroom was almost filled except the first row when I arrived. Nobody likes to sit the front and they try to sit behind. I had no choice so I sat in the first row. I think it's good because I can see the blackboard and the screen clearly. The textbook is boring, with which the symbol (p→q)∧p→q reminds me of the horrible math. Professor Ma is a great woman I think. She has taught for 42 years yet still looks young for she is always keeping optimistic and maintaining a young mind. She talked about where she had been to like Tibet,Gansu and so on. She talked about the minority,some history and something else. During that time, I enjoyed it and doubted if I was having a logic class. The last class I had today is Basic Knowledge OF Music which I thought it would arouse my interest but didn't. I decided to drop the optional course and save 2 points to choose other artistic courses at the end of the term.
1

New School <em>('school' or 'Uni'?  We differentiate secondary and tertiary school by the terms 'school' and 'university')</em> Term Begins

I'm not a freshman or sophomore <em>(both American terms, but sophomore can refer to school AND to Uni)</em> any more but a junior today. My first class is Advanced English. Luckily, I had a preview of Lesson 1 before the class so that I could catch keep ahead of the pace of my teacher in class and I found it was a great passage. The Middle Eastern Bazaar was described by the author vividly, and that which impressed me a lot - so much indeed that I felt like I was being really there. I could see the veiled women selecting the cloth, I heard the tinkling and banging from the copper-smiths' market and I touched the solid gateway of aged brick and stone... <em>(great!!!)</em>
In the afternoon, after lunch I didn't take a break then went to have my second class  which that is a Practical Logic Course. When I arrived, the classroom was almost filled/full except for the first row when I arrived. Nobody likes to sit in the very front row and - they try to sit in rows further back behind. I had no choice so I sat in the first row. I actually think it's good there because I can see the blackboard and the screen clearly. The textbook is boring, what with which all the symbols (p→q)∧p→q reminding me of the horrible/horrid maths.

Professor Ma is a great woman I think. She has taught for 42 years yet still looks young. for She is always keeping always remains optimistic and maintainsing a young mind. She talked about where she had been to  - places like Tibet, Gansu and so on. She talked about the minorities, some history and other things something else. During that time, I enjoyed it the lecture and doubted if could scarcely believe that I was having a logic class.

The last class I had today is was Basic Knowledge OF Music which I thought it would arouse/stimulate/pique my interest but didn't. I decided to drop the optional course and save 2 points to choose other artistic courses at the end of the term.