John
How I came to Ireland My adventure started in September, 2013. By that time, I had completed more than 3 years living in Porto Alegre. What in the beginning had been a good experience of life, became a boring existence. Honestly, the best part of my days used to be the shower time. A few months before, a friend of mine had traveled to Spain and came back with amazing photos. Right afterwards, another friend had announced he was also moving out to Ireland. I realized then that it wasn't so difficult to live abroad, and that it would be the right thing to do: firstly because I have always dreamed in living in Europe since I was a kid, and also because I was in a need for a change in my life. Decided, I then started to plan my travel... In the beginning, of course, I was afraid of too many things... Of spending too much money in something that wouldn't give me any return, of my family judgement, of not being able to think in every detail, of my safety, of not being able to do everything without help... Anyways, here I am. I don't really know how could I deal with my own insecurity, paid a school in another country and tickets to Ireland, and how did I do it in less than 4 months. I think I just did what I used to do when I am in despair: I closed my eyes and lunched myself into the abyss. Now I am here for 3 months. Has it been worth? Of course it has! I am loving Dublin! Since I've stepped off from the airplane I felt like I had found what I was looking for: my European dream..."
1

How I came to Ireland

My adventure started in September, 2013. By that time, I had completed more than 3 years living in Porto Alegre. What in the beginning had been a good experience of life, became a boring existence. Honestly, the best part of my days used to be the shower time.

A few months before, a friend of mine had traveled to Spain and came back with amazing photos. Right afterwards, another friend had announced he was also moving out to Ireland.

I realized then that it wasn't so difficult to live abroad, and that it would be the right thing to do: firstly because I have always dreamed in living in Europe since I was a kid, and also because I needed a change in my life.

Then I decided to start planning my trip... In the beginning, of course, I was afraid of so many things... of spending too much money on something that wouldn't give me anything in return, of my family's judgement, of not being able to think of every detail, of my safety, of not being able to do everything without help...

Anyways, here I am. I don't really know how could I deal with my own insecurity, pay for a school in another country and tickets to Ireland, and how I did it in less than 4 months. I think of what I just did when I feel despair: I close my eyes and launch myself into the abyss.

Now I am here for 3 months. Has it been worth it? Of course it has! I am loving Dublin! Since I've stepped off from the airplane I felt like I had found what I was looking for: my European dream..."

<em>Enjoy your time there!</em>