Isabel
Proposal. Practice for the CAE exam :) Proposal for integrating new students into college life Introduction The aim of this proposal is to suggest ways of facilitating new students to be integrated at college. Foreign students’ problems There are two main problems faced by foreign students when going to study to a new college. Firstly, they are not normally fluent with the language. Secondly, they come from another culture; therefore they find it difficult to understand costumes of this country. The need of a revised student guidebook Although the guide used at college is one of the best for students born in this country, it lacks from a section explaining how our academic system works, which would be totally advisable, due to the understandable problems that our overseas students have when looking for a brief explanation about a different educational system for them. College social club and leisure activities at weekends Our college has spectacular facilities, built a few years ago by magnificent architects. However, they are hardly advertised. I would recommend a new type of campaign where students could discover the unlimited possibilities of these facilities. On the other hand, I would suggest asking our students about their recommendations and preferences regarding the practice of activities at weekends and which types are the most appropriate. Student advisors Finally, it would also be a good idea to ask our more experienced students to help on this task, which would be to offer guidance to our new foreign students, explain them every detail and help them with academic questions. Conclusion I suggest looking for exceptional students formed into our college to help to achieve this goal.

Proposal. Practice for the CAE exam :)

Proposal for integrating new students into college life

Introduction

The aim of this proposal is to suggest ways of facilitating new students to be integrated at college. (This sentence may be grammatically correct but it sounds "foreign." Here is a suggestion: "The aim of this proposal is to suggest ways for new students to get acclimated to their colleges/schools.")

Foreign students’ problems

There are two main problems faced by foreign students when going to study at  to a new college. Firstly, they are not normally fluent with the language. Secondly, they come from another culture; therefore they find it difficult to understand costumes local customs of this country.

The need of a revised student guidebook

Although the guide used at college is one of the best for students born in this country, it lacks from a section explaining how our academic system works, which would be totally advisable, due to the understandable problems that our overseas students have when looking for a brief explanation about a different educational system for them.

College social club and leisure activities at weekends

Our college has spectacular facilities, built a few years ago by magnificent architects. However, they are hardly advertised. I would recommend a new type of campaign where students could discover the unlimited possibilities of these facilities. On the other hand, I would suggest asking our students about their recommendations and preferences regarding the practice of ("weekend activities" sounds better) activities on at weekends and which types are the most appropriate.

Student advisors

Finally, it would also be a good idea to ask our more experienced students to help on this task, which would be to offer guidance to our new foreign students, explain (to) (I don't know if it is corrrect without "to", although it may be correct) them every detail and help them with academic questions.

Conclusion

I suggest looking for exceptional students educated at/by our college formed into our college to help to achieve this goal.