Galina
Community Tutor
Night in the woods. (Part I) Sometimes older people behave worse than children. Another proof of this is the recent case happened with my 72 years old mom. We live in Moscow. This is a huge metropolis. But we also have a small summer cabin about fifty kilometers from the city. Despite this there is very difficult to reach there by public transport. It's a little bit off the beaten track. So we're always got there by my car together. It’s quiet place on the forest border. And sometimes she stays in the cabin alone for a few days. She takes care of her little vegetable garden and a took a break from the city noise. Once I came to take her home and found that she is not in best condition. She has scratched arms and legs and she has a large bruise on her chest. But she assured me that she was all right. She just wandered into the thick bushes and scratched herself when got out of there. But I was shocked when I found out yesterday that really happened to her at that time. My cousin told me about it. Her mom (my mom's sister) told her about the incident and ordered her to keep it a secret from me. In reality mom went to the forest to pick the nuts and got lost. She wandered in the forest until became dark at all. She saw a ravine and began to get over it. But she fell. She managed to escape and went on. Then there was another gully even deeper than the first one. And she fell head over heels there. At the bottom of the ravine ran brook. Her clothes got wet. She struggled to get out of there. She came out of the woods on the field at last. It was late at night. She saw the light about a mile away. But she was so exhausted that she could not go any further. So she's put her blouse on the ground and tried to sleep. She was frozen. She was attacked by mosquitoes and ticks. To be continued ...
1

Night in the Woods. (Part I)

Sometimes, older people behave worse than children. One proof of this is the recent case of what happened to my 72 year-old mom. We live in Moscow. It is a huge metropolis. But we also have a small summer cabin about fifty kilometers from the city. Despite being so close, it is very difficult to reach there by public transport. It's a little bit off the beaten track. So we're always got there together in my car. It’s a quiet place on the forest border, and sometimes she stays alone in the cabin alone for a few days. She takes care of her little vegetable garden and a has a break from the city noise. Once, I came to take her home and found that she was not in a very good state. She had scratched arms and legs and she has a large bruise on her chest. But she assured me that she was all right. She just wandered into the thick bushes and scratched herself while getting out of there. But I was shocked when I found out yesterday what really happened to her at that time. My cousin told me about it. Her mom (my mom's sister) told her about the incident and ordered her to keep it a secret from me.
In reality, mom went to the forest to collect nuts and got lost. She wandered in the forest until darkness had fallen. She saw a ravine and began to climb/step/scramble over it. But she fell. She managed to escape and went on. Then there was another gully, even deeper than the first one. And she fell head over heels there. There was a running brook at the bottom of the ravine and her clothes got wet. She struggled to get out of there. At last, she came out of the woods onto the field. It was late at night. She saw a light about a mile away but she was so exhausted that she could not go any further. So she's put her blouse on the ground and tried to sleep. She was frozen. She was attacked by mosquitoes and ticks.
To be continued ...