First post here How is it going, first post here. Hope I can improve my English and make a couple of good friends in the process. This site looks the most serious of all the ones I visited. Interface looks good, although some annoying notifications keeps popping constantly even tho I recognized it. There a hundreds of persons looking for the same here, makes me think what does drive people to learn other language and other cultures ... In my case, helps a lot in my job, and most important, I really appreciate a lot of things of US culture. Thats all for my first post, hope I get some corrections soon. See you. Good night. R
1

My First Post here

How is it going? My first post here. Hope I can improve my English and make a couple of good friends in the process. This site looks the most serious of all the ones I had visited. The interface looks good, although some annoying notifications keeps popping up constantly even though I recognized had read themit. There a hundreds of persons of others like me, looking for the same thing here. This makes me think what does drive people of the reasons they are driven to learn other languages and other cultures... ... In my case, learning a new language helps a lot in very much for my job, and most importantly, I to really appreciate a lot of things the many aspects of US culture.

That's all for my first post. I hope I to get some corrections soon.

See you. Good night.

R

Welcome.  Your English is not bad at all but to be able to write better, needs more work.  However, with your seriousness, it will soon come to you.

Hey, Yaphets ... Thanks for your deep thoughts. Please, feel free to correct any monstrosity I write or say. I will try to help you too, if its possible. Take care. R

Since Jeff kindly took time to correct my first post, I will write it again, just implementing his knowledge...

My First post 

How is it going, my first post here. Hope I can improve my English and make a couple of good friends in the process. This site looks the most serious of all the ones I had visited. Interface looks good, although some annoying notifications keeps popping up constantly even though I had read them. There are hundreds of others like me looking for the same thing here. This makes me think of the reasons they are driven to learn other languages and other cultures ... In my case, learning a language helps very much for my job, and most importantly, to really appreciate the many aspects of US culture.

That´s all for my first post, I hope I get some corrections soon.

See you. Good night.

R

nice one for ur first :) but in this post u raised a very interesting question, why do people wanna learn foreign languages? i have so many answers to this question but the one having occupied my mind for so long is that language is the ssence of humanity and the reason for our sociability. We r social animals because of language. o i think most people wanna learn a foreign language cuz they're most interested in making new friends, though there r in some cases some specific and extrinsic reason. As u said, i hope to make a lotta good friends on this website too. If u want i can be ur first friend in here :D

First post here

How is it going, first post here. Hope I can improve my English and make a couple of good friends in the process. This site looks the most serious of all the ones I visited. Interface looks good, although some annoying notifications keeps popping constantly even tho I recognized it. There are  hundreds of people looking for the same here, makes me think what drives people to learn other languages and other cultures ... In my case, helps a lot in my job, and most importantly, I really appreciate a lot of things about US culture.

Thats all for my first post, hope I get some corrections soon.

See you. Good night.

R