Failed Language Exchange Meeting A friend of mine told me about a language exchange meeting that takes place in a bar (Yes, this is where the story starts to go wrong) in Bogota every Tuesday. The name of the event is "martes gringo". I went to this bar with my friend thinking that it could be a good environment to practice our English and French by talking to native speakers of these languages, and other Colombians who study these languages. When we came in the bar, we noticed that most of the foreigners were men and most of the Colombian students were young women. Then, we sat down waiting for other people to start to talk to us. We got surprised when we realized that this kind of event is mostly for foreigners looking to date Colombians. I would say that 95% of the foreigners in that place were men, lol. It seemed like they were looking for their "Gloria Delgado" (one of the main characters of the American series Modern Family). So, we had to leave the bar and go back home. Maybe, it was naive of us to think that there could be a meeting just to practice languages. I remembered this anecdote because a friend of mine texted me and wrote "How about going tomorrow to "martes gringo", which I replied to her "Of course not, lol!"
1

Failed Language Exchange Meeting

A friend of mine told me about a language exchange meeting that takes place in a bar ( Y  yes, this is where the story starts to go wrong) in Bogota every Tuesday. The name of the event is "mMartes gGringo". I went to this bar with my friend thinking that it could be a good environment to practice our English and French by talking to native speakers of these languages, and to other Colombians who study these languages. When we came walked in to the bar, we noticed that most of the foreigners were men and most of the Colombian students were young women. Then, we sat down waiting for other people to start to talk to us.
We got were surprised when we realized that this kind of event is mostly for foreigners looking to date Colombians. I would say that 95% of the foreigners in that place were men, lol. It seemed like they were looking for their "Gloria Delgado" (one of the main characters of the American TV series Modern Family). So, we had to leave the bar and go back home. Maybe,  it was naive of us to think that there could be a meeting just to practice languages. I remembered this anecdote because a friend of mine texted me and wrote,  "How about going tomorrow to "mMartes gGringo", to which I replied to her,  "Of course not, lol!"

------

Did the young women students know the purpose of Martes Gringo?