Akun
..... Why do you ask questions when you already know? 为什么你明知故问? /为什么你知道还要问? I am an easy going person but i find this offensive 我的人很随和但我觉得这个得罪人 Thanks, but no thanks 谢谢,我不要 Family fight over property/ family fight over estate/family fight over inheritance 争家产/争遗产/ "塘心风暴" A businesswoman killed her autistic son 女商人杀了她的自闭症儿子 It is known 众所周知 He knows nothing 他什么都不懂 Follow up 跟进 Throughout the day 一整天 Come and go with me, 来,跟我走, Screw that! 我偏不要 Screw you! 去你的 Is it illegal to stick your feet out the window while driving? 驾车时把脚伸出窗外是违法的吗? Their Feet Sticking out from under bed Sheet 他们的脚从床单下伸了出来 Set off booby trap 引爆诡雷 Hand grenade went off 手榴弹爆炸 Fried gecko, fried grasshopper are Unappetizing Foods 油炸壁虎,油炸蚱蜢是倒胃口食物 Looking at it makes me want to puke 看著它让我想吐 Cancer causing foods 致癌食物 Choke on fish bone 鱼骨卡到喉咙 Choke on scrambled eggs? 炒蛋卡到喉咙? Skimping on sleep wear down your body 缺乏睡眠拖垮你的身体 Convey a nice message 传递一个好信息 Gas prices soaring,house prices soaring,stock prices soaring 油价飙升,房价高涨,股价暴涨 I didn't get the raise 我工资没涨 My employer refuses to raise my salary 我雇主拒绝加薪给我 I didn't get the raise i wanted 我没有得到我想要的加薪 I didn't get the raise i deserve 我没有得到我应得的加薪 My boss didn't pay me my last check after i quit 我辞职后老板没有发工钱给我
Sep 16, 2014 10:48 AM
Corrections · 15

.....

Why do you ask questions when you already know?
为什么你明知故问? /为什么你知道还要问?

Why do you ask when you know the answer?/Why do you still ask when you know the answer.

I am an easy going person but I find this offensive
我的人很随和但我觉得这个得罪人

Thanks, but no thanks
谢谢,我不要 Thanks. I don't need it. [This is a more polite way of saying than the literal translation of "Thanks. I don't want it".  Your version is okay but more informal.]

Family fight over property/ family fight over estate/family fight over inheritance
争家产/争遗产/ "心风暴" Squabbling over inheritance.  The last one is hard to translate but the HK title suits it to a tee, Heart of Greed.  The literal meaning is "the violent wind of the non coagulating heart" or "the violence in the roving heart". In another words, from the Chinese expression 死心不息 "The heart will never give up" because of the double negative in the phrase.

A businesswoman killed her autistic son
女商人杀了她的自闭症儿子

It is known
众所周知 literally, "Everyone around knows"

He knows nothing He doesn't understand a thing.
他什么都不懂

Follow up
跟进

Throughout the day
一整天

Come and go with me,
来,跟我走,

Screw that!
我偏不要

Screw you!
去你的

Is it illegal to stick your feet out the window while driving?
驾车时把脚伸出窗外是违法的吗?

Their feet are sticking out from under the bedsheets. bed Sheet
他们的脚从床单下伸了出来

Setting off the booby trap Wrong meaning.  Should be "Detonating the [insidious] mine". Booby trap is ok.
引爆诡雷   

The hand grenade /went off /exploded.
手榴弹爆炸

Fried geckoand fried grasshoppers are unappetizing foods. If you leave out the word "food", the implication of the meaning changes!  Do you know why?
油炸壁虎,油炸蚱蜢是倒胃口食物

Looking at it makes me want to puke
看著它让我想吐

Cancer causing foods
致癌食物

Choking on fish bone
鱼骨卡到喉咙

Choked on scrambled eggs?
炒蛋卡到喉咙?

Skimping on your sleep will wear down your body down.  Sleep wear = 睡衣
缺乏睡眠拖垮你的身体

Convey a nice message good news
传递一个好信息

Gas prices are soaring, house prices property prices rising high soaring and stock prices soaring surging up.
油价飙升,房价高涨,股价暴涨

I didn't get the raise
我工资没涨 My salary has not risen.

My employer refuses to raise my salary
我雇主拒绝加薪给我

I didn't get the raise I wanted
我没有得到我想要的加薪

I didn't get the raise I deserve
我没有得到我应得的加薪

My boss didn't pay give me my last check after I quit
我辞职后老板没有发工钱给我

September 16, 2014
* I am an easy going person but i find this offensive 我为人很随和但我觉得这个得罪人
September 16, 2014
My boss didn't pay me my last check after i quit 我辞职后,老板没有把最后一个月的薪水发给我
September 16, 2014
Want to progress faster?
Join this learning community and try out free exercises!