Ricardo
Should the government have a say in our diets? Nowadays obesity has become a big problem in western countries where millions of children suffer from it. For that reason their governments are increasing their control in our diets. For instance, countries like Sweden or Denmark have an additional tax for fast food, and here in Spain lots of school meals are supervised for nutricionist in order to bring to our childrens the healthiest food as possible. The benefits of having a healthy meal at school are uncontless not only can it reduce obesity rates in our children but also can provide a reference which could be followed by this students during their lifetime. Taxation has also become efficient reducing obesity rates. Changes in taxes have a big influence in food prices and that involve more people consuming more or less one type of food. On the other hand, this type of policy has recived some critics. The main critics focus on the fact that Governments should not interphere in people’s diet because they consider it as an invation of privacy. In light of the above, it is said that this two policies doesn’t have an impact in the overall population. The control over the school’s meal affect only to those children who have lunch in their schools, while a decrease in fresh produce have an influence only in people with low incomes. To sum up, governments should have a say in our diets, but maybe the policies they have taken should be improved.
Hii Sir, your English is awesome :)