Victor
Looking for help with speaking exam Hello everybody, I'm taking an English exam tomorrow and just have received a list of possible topics for the monologue I will have to give. Could you please help me by chosing some of the issues and writing down the ideas that come to your mind? Due to the lack of time, I'm afraid I won't be able to prepare the speech properly, so I'd appreciate if you gave me a hand making a sort of brainstorming. What would you say if you were asked for speaking about some of these matters? In the exercise we'll be given about 10 or 15 minutes for thinking about the subject and then we'll have to speak for 4 minutes in a row. Possible topics for speaking exam, C1 level: 1.- Can we rely on information from the internet and social networks? 2.- Are the radio and TV more reliable as sources of information than the Internet? 3.- Having more sources of information, is communication less effective? 4.- Are we obsessed with mobile phones? We lose face-to-face communication, mobile games... 5.- Do you think that we live better or worse than we did 10 or 30 years ago? 6.- Paper books vs ebooks 7.- Environment and climate change. 8.- Should the Government ban hunting and other blood sports? 9.- Childhood obesity 10.- Should the retirement age lowered or raised? 11.- Do mass media pay too much attention to celebrities and famous people? 12.- What's the influence of the reality shows on our society
I guess I didn't explain myself properly. I won't be allowed to choose one of those topics. I'll be given one of them, previously choosen by the teacher, or maybe radomly. The list I pasted above was sent by a friend of mine who made it based on previous exams. The point was that you, kind Italki mates, would choose one subject and tell me some ideas, or simply words related with that matter, in order to build a short speech. Anyway, thanks all for answering. Let's see if someone else is in the mood for commenting. P.S. Jassmin, I'm afraid I wouldn't choose the one about childhood obesity if I could. I don't even know how to pronounce that word. :-) I supose that, following Leigh's advice, I would go for some of the first ones if it were up to me. (since I'm a journalist...)
and activities, cause all know it come from the truth, it means the bad had been appeared. and now there are a lot younth being affected in it, and they love to spend time on the show.for gods sake, we should call the directer for less unpositive reality show, it will save lots of people's time and life. 啊呀!有点跑题了。ah, i am sorry i get off-topic a bit
i will talk about the tenth. the reality show make the story shorter longth to the life. and it apeals lots of people who lack the chance to live that life or who lack to feel that life, such as it is attractive to look at college life for middleschool student and who never been in college,and the stars life, the big's life ect. . but some times the show brings lots of unpositive things, and it is more easy to affect people's thought
I would choose one that you are most familiar with.
You have a great choice. I would choose between childhood obesity and No.5. What are youre favorites?