Carlota
1.Spanish lesson. Conjugating the Conditional Tense The conjugation of the conditional tense is fairly straightforward, because all three types of verbs (-ar, -er and -ir) use the same ending, and the ending is applied to the infinitive rather than to a portion of the verb. Also, there are few irregular verbs in the conditional. These are the endings that are applied to turn an infinitive to a verb in the conditional tense: First-person singular (I): -ía Second-person singular (familiar you): -ías Third-person singular (he, she, formal you): -ía First-person plural (we): -íamos Second-person plural (familiar you): -íais Third-person plural (they, familiar you): -ían As an example, here are the conjugated forms of vivir (to live) using the same pattern as is applied to all regular verbs. yo viviría, I would live tú vivirías, you (informal singular) would live usted, él, ella viviría, you (formal singular), he, she would live nosotros, nosotras viviríamos, we would live vosotros, vosotras viviríais, you (informal plural) would live ellos, ellas ustedes vivirían, they, you (plural formal) would live You may notice that the endings attached to the infinitives are the same as the endings of haber in the imperfect, just as the endings attached to infinitives to make the future tense are the same as the endings of haber in the present tense.