The Importance of Childhood Years Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A person`s childhood years (the time from birth to twelve years of age) are the most important years of a person`s life. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. A person’s childhood years are the most important years of a person’s life since this is the time where people’s personality is formed. The way that people are raised during their childhoods will determine their personalities as adults. This is why, it is important that parents make sure of teaching values to their children and give them unconditional love. The importance of ensuring children a good childhood lies in the fact that people’s behavior when they are adults is closely linked to their experiences when they were children. For example, many alcoholics state that they often saw their parents drinking alcohol at home, so they started to think that drinking was something good for them. Another example is when children witness domestic violence, they tend to be aggressive toward their couples when they grow up. On the contrary, many people who come from lovely families, which have a sane family life, have good family relationships. Many people who have good habits learned these habits when they were kids. For example, those who are used to not lying or not stealing, learned not to do these such things from their parents in their childhood. When people are teenagers it is harder to teach not to do such things. Adolescence is a hard stage for most people, and each one’s personality is already formed after the age of 12. All in all, in my opinion the most important time for people is their first 12 years of life. People’s attitudes are conceived at their childhood years, so what people are like when they are adults is a reflection of the way they were educated at home, and what their parents taught to them. A terrible childhood affects the rest of the lives of a person, we can draw that conclusion by reading the biographies of many criminals whose childhoods were traumatic.

The Importance of Childhood Years

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A person`s childhood years (the time from birth to twelve years of age) are the most important years of a person`s life. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
A person’s childhood years are the most important years of a person’s life since this is the time where people’s a person's personality is formed. The way that people are raised during their childhoods will determine their personalities as adults. This is why, it is important that parents make sure to teach of teaching values to their children and give them unconditional love.
The importance of ensuring children a good childhood lies in the fact that people’s behavior when they are adults is closely linked to their experiences when they were children. For example, many alcoholics state that they often saw their parents drinking alcohol at home, so they started to think that drinking was something good for them. Another example is when children witness domestic violence, they tend to be aggressive toward their couples significant others when they grow up.
On the contrary, many people who come from lovely loving families, which have a sane family life, have good family relationships grow up to be upstanding citizens. Many people who have good habits learned these habits when they were kids. For example, those who are used to not lying or not stealing, learned not to do these such things from their parents in their childhood. When people are teenagers it is harder to teach not to do such things. Adolescence is a hard stage for most people, and each one’s personality is already formed after the age of 12.
All in all, in my opinion the most important time for people is their first 12 years of life. People’s attitudes are conceived at their childhood years, so what people are like when they are adults is a reflection of the way they were educated at home, and what their parents taught to them. A terrible childhood affects the rest of the lives of a person, we can draw that conclusion by reading the biographies of many criminals whose childhoods were traumatic.