Shabnam
IELTS TASK 2: (31). There should be fixed punishments. Please help me with corrections, thank you Question: Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishment. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Answer: Whether punishments for crimes should be fixed or whether motivations for committing crimes have to be considered by court for their sentences are discussing issues. Some people argue that fixed punishments for different kinds of crimes are necessity to ensure justice and equity. By doing this, the amount of crimes in societies would be decrease while people are aware of the punishments. The good point is that no one could escape the law by convicting courts and therefore criminals would be sentenced without any exception. There are criminals committing crimes while courts claim them as innocent by being convinced by their lawyers. Fixed punishments lead to implement the same punishments for the same crimes. On the other hand, others discuss that the fixed punishment are not fair. There are situations in which committing crimes happens accidentally and as a result, the punishments should be differed those are intentional. A good example here is a person who in danger of being killed by a villain and for self-defense kills the villain during a fighting. In my opinion, courts should search for information related to crimes and all things related to the events. The criminals’ motivations, circumstance of their lives, situations of crimes should take into consideration before sentencing criminals. In short, this is a conversational issue which people have different opinions for; however, it is courts which define crimes and sentence for them. Although fixing punishments seems to be the best action in some people’s views, I disagree with them without considering motivations for crimes.

Answer: 

Punishments for crimes and motivations for committing crimes by court are both interesting issue to be discussed.

Some people argue that fixed punishments for different kinds of crimes are necessity to ensure justice and equity. By doing so, crimes icommitted in society would be decreased while people are aware of the punishments. The good point is that no one could escape the law by convicting courts and therefore criminals would be sentenced without any exception. There are criminals committing crimes while courts claim them as innocent by being convinced by their lawyers. Fixed punishments lead to implement the same punishments for the same crimes.

On the other hand, some discuss that the fixed punishment is not fair. There are situations in which committing crimes happens accidentally and as a result, the punishments should be differed those are intentional. A good example here is a person who in danger of being killed by a villain and for self-defense kills the villain during a fighti.

In my opinion, courts should search for information related to crimes and all things related to the events. The criminals’ motivations, circumstance of their lives, situations of crimes should take into consideration before sentencing criminals.

In short, this is a conversational issue which people have different opinions for; however, it is court which defines crime and sentence for them. Although fixing punishments seems to be the best action in some people’s views, I disagree with them without considering motivations for crimes.