jasmine
Happy Prince 2014/9/18 This is also a story written by Oscar Wilde. It told about a prince who had always been happy living in his palace. But after he died and turned into a golden statue, with blue gem in his eyes and red gem on his swords tilt, he saw the adversities. That made him shed tears. He begged the swallow to stay with him and help the people with the gems in his eye and gold on his clothe. Finally, the admired happy prince became the blind prince. As for the swallow, he fell in love with the kind prince but died in the cold winter. The ending is sad. The statue of prince and the dead swallow were thrown as garbage. I really admire the brave swallow in this story, because he decided to stay with the prince instead of flying to the warm south. It must take great courage to stay in such a cold winter for the poor little bird. But for the prince, it hard to say he is selfish or selfless. It’s good for him to do all the good things to people in need, but I think it’s his fault leading the death of the swallow. I’m a little sad for the ending. Wilde’s story always have a realistic ending. Maybe children can stop before the sad part coming so that it can make a good fairy tale.

The Happy Prince 2014/9/18

This is also a story written by Oscar Wilde. It told was about a prince who had always been happy living in his palace. But after When he died, he was and turned into a golden statue, with blue gems as in his eyes [你写的意思是他眼中有藍宝石] and red gems on his swords tilt, he saw the adversities. That made him shed tears. He begged the swallow to stay with him and help the people with the gems in his eye and gold on his clothe. Finally, the admired happy prince became the blind prince. As for the swallow, he fell in love with the kind prince but died in the cold winter. The ending is sad. The statue of prince and the dead swallow were thrown as garbage.

I really admire the brave swallow in this story, because he it had decided to stay with the Prince instead of flying to the warm south. It must have taken great courage to stay behind for in such a the cold winter for the poor little bird. But However, for the prince, it hard to say if he is selfish or not selfless. While it is good for him to do all the good things to people for those in need, but I think it’s his fault leading he was the cause of the death of for the swallow. I’m a little sad for at the ending. Oscar/Mr. Wilde’s stories always have a realistic ending. Maybe Perhaps children can stop before reading the sad part coming ending so that it can make a good fairy tale[You should read Han Anderson's Fairy Tales, many have such sad endings. This is why you see all the changes in a Disneyfied movies! :) ]

有很多地方,  故事內容不明所以沒辦法更改因为我沒听过这故事.  在网上查查就看到这篇.

In a town where a lot of poor people suffer, a swallow who was left behind after his flock flew off to Egypt for the winter meets the statue of the late "Happy Prince", who in reality has never experienced true happiness. Viewing various scenes of people suffering in poverty from his tall monument, the Happy Prince asks the swallow to take the ruby from his hilt, the sapphires from his eyes, and the golden leaf covering his body to give to the poor. As the winter comes and the Happy Prince is stripped of all of his beauty, his lead heart breaks when the swallow dies as a result of his selfless deeds. The statue is then torn down and melted leaving behind the broken heart and the dead swallow. These are taken up to heaven by an angel that has deemed them the two most precious things in the city by God, so they may live forever in his city of gold and garden of paradise.