Jeffrey
Blog 2 The ability of looking at things objectively and dispassionately is really the thing that we, this generation, are not so good at. In this modern age of internet, there are too masses of information that we can hardly tell right from wrong. As my point of view, Medias has always been a sort of tool handled by the politicians. And also I think, that’s why the Pulitzer Price exists. It was created to remind the newspapers to tell the truths rather than stories. However, people still buy it, they are unwilling to learn. There is a joke told by Russell Peter, who is a talk show host, “And you feel like every time you turn on the news nowadays, some new country is f**kin up with an Arabian country, EVERY TIME you turn on the news. I kinda blame the media for what’s going on wrong in the world right now. …… like what they do is show you an Asian guy and a car accident. And an Indian guy and a 7/11. What do you think?” I once (2008) had an argument with a Canadian. “… why don’t you try to learn more about China since you are living here?” “Why should I?” he responded, leaving me there speechless like an idiot. Actually, I just get some curiosity about what’s going on with this world. And wonder if there is any solution to this world of chaos. Big story, ha~ ^o^