Antonio
Educating Children According to the lecture, there are three common types of discipline that parents and caretakers use for children. First, power: this method utilizes physical punishments, such as spankings or threats of physical damage, as well as withdrawing of privileges, for instance using the car, attending events, playing with a favorite toy, etc. Second, withholding of affection: this technic might be illustrated with a father who rejects his children. Finally, set up many rules: if children follow the rules, then parents encourage them with euphoric approbations what could cause a high-esteem. All those kind of discipline could trigger bad feelings, damages in self-esteem, insecure, fear and to exacerbate hate to the parents. On the other hand, the professor advocates the technique of reinforcement in their behavior. In other words, it's possible to discipline children without any punishments. He says that discipline means educate, while punishment means harm. According with the lecture most of psychologist don't recommend physical punishments for children, because the consequences are vast. TOEFL iBT

Educating Children

According to the lecture, there are three common types of discipline that parents and care-givers / carers takers use for children.

First, power: this method utilizes physical punishments such as spankings or threats of physical harm, as well as the withdrawal of privileges, for instance, using the car; attending events; playing with a favorite toy etc. Second, the withholding of affection: this technique can be illustrated by a father who rejects his children. Finally, setting up many rules: if children follow the rules, then parents encourage them with euphoric approbations / praise that could give rise to high-esteem? (increase their self-esteem?) 

All these kinds of discipline could trigger bad feelings, reduced self-esteem, insecurity, fear and growing hatred of parents.

On the other hand, the professor advocates the technique of behavior reinforcement.  In other words, it's possible to discipline children without any punishment. He says that discipline means education, while punishment means harm.  Most of psychologists are in agreement with the lecture in that they do not recommend physical punishments for children because the consequences are (can behuge / far-reaching.

TOEFL iBT  <em>Good stuff!  Hope you get a good result. Kind regards, Michael</em>