Athiyah Farras
A Glance About Me My name is Farras Athiyah Kusumah, you can call me Farras. I’m on the left of the photo, wearing bright brown headcraft and dark brown cardigan. I’m from Batam, Kepulauan Riau, the nearest Indonesia island next to Singapore. I was born in Malang, 12th October 1996. I’m a college student in The State University of Malang. I was graduated from SMA NEGERI 1 BATAM, science department. My family moved to Batam 18 years ago because of their business. Therefore, it’s hard for me to speak Javanese. But actually I understand what they are saying because at home my mum usually speaks Javanese to my dad and so does my dad. I’m learning too because everyone here are used to speak in Javanese. Don’t worry, I’m a bit of all right. The reason why I chose UM as my college is because it’s in Malang. I want to come back to my beloved hometown. Also Malang is cold, unlike Batam which is very very hot. You can be sweaty easily even when you’re just watching television. And then, I know that English Department in UM is accredited A. Commonly, my seniors chose Brawijaya University. So, I chose UM to be different and just to get experienced, even though I never be in there before. I;m not interested anymore caused by many hearsays and bad rumors about it. I love English, that’s the simplest reason why I’m here. Although I know that my ability isn’t better than my friends, but I believe when I love something I’ll strive after it to be loved back. I confess that two years in science department (when I was in senior high school) couldn’t lie to me that English is still alive inside my heart compared to biology, chemistry, and physics. After that, I want to be a professional English teacher and lecturer. With another dream, I do want to go around the world without a penny of payment. Wherever I go, I want to see all the unique of this precious and beautiful world. If Allah gives me a chance, I want to work in government as an Indonesian Ambassador. It seems impossible, but actually I’m possible. Dream high, live higher, and fly as the highest! Anyway, this is my first writing task.