Anna
Past Tenses Yesterday I was having a cup of tee in my favourite coffee shop. Suddenly, the waiter gave me a paper. It was a note. I opened it and there had a picture of a flower and a smailing face. I asked to Pau, the waiter, who had given the note and he tell me that in the morning a young boy gave it to me, he didn't know who is he...

Past Tenses

Yesterday, I was having a cup of tea in my favourite coffee shop. Suddenly, the waiter handed me a piece of paper. It was a note. I opened it and saw a picture of a flower and a smiling face. I asked to Pau, the waiter, who had given him the note and he told me that earlier that morning a young boy had given it to him, but he didn't know who that boy was...

The red means corrections, and the green means suggestions.

Use past perfect for "flashback" moments, or explanations for what happened.

Reported speech shifts back in time, for example: 

Pau: "Earlier this morning, a young boy gave it to me. I don't know who he was."

(Pau) told me that earlier that morning a young boy had given it to him, but he didn't know who that boy was. 

I changed "he" to "that boy" because Pau is also "he" in the report. It's just clearer that way.

Past Tenses

Yesterday I was having a cup of tea in my favourite coffee shop. Suddenly, the waiter gave me a piece of paper. It was a note. I opened it and there had was a picture of a flower and a smiling face. I asked to Pau, the waiter, who had given the note and he tell told me that in the morning a young boy gave it to him me, he didn't know who he  is was. he...