Monz
Starting the day right off Today I had a great morning. Last night one of my best friends invited me to assist an event. The company where she works organized running race. My friend knows how much I like running, so that's why she came to invite me. Of course, that event wasn't in my plans for today, but I decided to participate. So, today morning I woke up early, by 6:30 I'd say, then got dressed and got ready to kill 5 Km. I know! Running 5 km is not a big deal, even a little kid can do it without any problem, but I was so excited to get active and challenge myself. There was 3 categories to participate in, which were: 1 k, 3k, and 5k. There were kids participating too. But they was enrolled into the categories 1k and 3 k. I think the total of participants was about 200 people. Well, to not do this story longer, I did run those 5 Km, and guess what? I was the 5th runner to get the finish line. My record was 23.15 min. No too bad! All the runners who got the goal before me were men. So, I got a glass award and a medal for being the winner into female category. Isn't it exciting? Well, hope you all are having an amazing day too!
1

Your English is really good, just a few suggestions:

1.) I think you mean "starting the day off right" -- the meaning (starting the day in a good way) is different from "starting the day right off" (starting the day quickly, without day).

2.) An expression you may like is "to make a long story short.

3.) Did you really "assist" ie help out with the organization, or did you merely "attend" as participant.

Keep up the good work, and thank you for wishing me an amazing day.

Starting the day right off

Today I had a great morning. Last night one of my best friends invited me to assist an event. The company where she works organized running race. My friend knows how much I like running, so that's why (no need to use tha's why as you are using SO)she came to invite me. Of course, that (this) event wasn't in my plans for today, but I decided to participate. So, today morning I woke up early, by 6:30 I'd say, then got dressed and got ready to kill 5 Km. I know! Running 5 km is not a big deal, even a little kid can do it without any problem, but I was so excited to get active and challenge myself.
There was(Were) 3 categories to participate in, which were(no need of this): 1 k, 3k, and 5k. There were kids participating too. But they was(no need) enrolled into the categories 1k and 3 k. I think the total of participants was(were) about 200 people. Well, to not do this story longer, I did run those 5 Km, and guess what? I was the 5th runner to get the finish line. My record was 23.15 min. No too bad! All the runners who got the goal before me were men. So, I got a glass award and a medal for being the winner into female category. Isn't it exciting?
Well, hope you all are having an amazing day too!

Starting the day right off

Today I had a great morning. Last night one of my best friends invited me to assist an event. The company where she works organized a running race. My friend knows how much I like running, so that's why she came to invite me. Of course, that event wasn't in my plans for today, but I decided to participate. So, today morning I woke up early, by 6:30 I'd say, then got dressed and got ready to kill 5 Km. I know! Running 5 km is not a big deal, even a little kid can do it without any problem, but I was so excited to get active and challenge myself.
There was 3 categories to participate in, which were: 1 k, 3k, and 5k. There were kids participating too. But they was enrolled into the categories 1k and 3 k. I think the total of participants was about 200 people. Well, to not do this story longer, I did run those 5 Km, and guess what? I was the 5th runner to get the finish line. My record was 23.15 min. No too bad! All the runners who got the goal before me were men. So, I got a glass award and a medal for being the winner into female category. Isn't it exciting?