Danilo Mello
What is the best way to learn English for you? I´m learning English by myself and sometimes I ask myself if I´m in the right way! Usually, I study reading a English course book and listening and repeating its dialogues. In this book there are a few exercises to improve writing. I try to complement the study watching movies with english subtitles or without subtitles,besides watching CNN or BBC. However, for living in Brazil, I realize that reading and listening skills are being improved, but writing and speaking are not! I know that I´m not the only English student with this issue. I would like to know how are you dealing with that and if you already been through it how you deal it.
2

What is the best way for you to learn English for you?

I´m learning English by myself and sometimes I ask myself if I´m doing it right in the right way! <em>["in the right way" is OK too, but more formal.]</em>
Usually, I study by reading an English course textbook and listening to and repeating its dialogues. In this book there are a few exercises to improve writing. I try to complement this by the study watching movies with or without eEnglish subtitles or without subtitles, and by besides watching CNN or BBC.
However, for since I'm living in Brazil, I realize that my reading and listening skills are being improved, but writing and speaking are not!
I know that I´m not the only English student with this issue. I would like to know how are you dealing with it that and, if you've already been through it, how you dealt with it.

=====

It's definitely not easy. Hopefully this site can help :)

1

What is the best way to learn English for you?

I´m learning English by myself and sometimes I ask myself if I´m on the right tracks!
Usually, I study by reading a English coursebook and listening and repeating the dialogues. In this book, there are a few exercises to improve writing. I try to complement my study by watching movies with English subtitles or without subtitles,besides watching CNN or BBC.
However, because I live in Brazil, I realize that my reading and listening skills are being improved but writing and speaking are not!
I know that I´m not the only English student with this issue. I would like to know how are you dealing with it and, if you already have been through it, how you dealt with it.

<em>Good text.  Well done. Check punctuation corrections too.  Are there English clubs in your part of Brazil? One way to work on improving your writing on your own is re-translation.  Michael </em>